I have just gained my level one sellers badge, and to celebrate this minor achievement =D> I have decided to write this article – my first on the fiverr forums. When (if) I get to level two, I know I will look back at this story and go “WHAT WAS I THINKING!!” Here goes nothing…
As Pertains Beginners
- Although starting a gig is not rocket science, a gig about doing rocket science for 5 dollars would be (literally) out of this world! I know I would buy such a gig :)>-
- The gig for which you are very knowledgeable and can perform with your eyes closed will have zero sales
- The gig for which you are clueless and have just put it there as an afterthought will be your best selling gig.
- The gig mentioned in (3) above will keep you on Google 6 hours a day trying to perfect an art you never thought you would have to do for money.
- If you have a SEO gig, you will get 3 – 4 messages daily from people asking if you do Photoshop [-(
- If you have a Photoshop gig, you will get 3 – 4 messages daily from people asking you if you do SEO.
- If you do BOTH Photoshop and SEO, you will not get any messages and your ‘Orders in queue’ will remain at 0 for countless days :-))
As Pertains Money
- Those funds that were supposed to clear today? They won’t :-"
- That level drop that you were supposed to get today for being inactive for two whole months? You will :-"
- The day you give out your Paypal email address to a client is the day you will wish you hadn’t.
- The client (above) whom you gave your Paypal address thinking they will send you a handsome bonus will do nothing with it. You will therefore have lost BOTH your moonlight and imaginary bonus in one clean sweep =))
As Pertains Work
- Contrary to popular belief, the fear of getting a gig order reigns far superior than not getting one. Imagine if you woke up tomorrow and saw that you have 127 design gigs that you should deliver in 1 day. Wouldn’t you pass out?
- The day you are swamped with domestic chores, exams and family emergencies is the day that your gig will FINALLY get featured and you will receive a ridiculously large amount of orders.
- The day/week when you are completely broke (landlord on hold) and you are hoping against hope that you will get at least one order – you won’t [-O<
- What? There was an earthquake at your place and all power and internet was knocked down for three whole days? Login to see what an 87% cancellation ratio looks like.
As Pertains Hope
- The ‘Vacation’ button is one of the few Godsend applications on fiverr.
- An irrational buyer will always hit the ‘Order’ button on your gig. Learn how to handle him/her and you are on your way to big things (and big checks) on fiverr :-t
- Abusing those chaps at the support desk on fiverr will always boomerang devastatingly
- Respect people with a ‘Top rated seller’ badge. Only God knows how much human cowdung (euphemism) they had to wade through to get there.
- AND FINALLY, MURPHY IS A STAFF MEMBER AT FIVERR!
Did I miss anything? Comment below and add yours or pick any of the above and go like “true, true…” as you ruefully remember a recent experience <)