Topic a Day for November 5: Sicks Days on Fiverr.com

anarchofighter

I’m sicky and I should be I-) …and while I’m one of those “tough it out” types I actually want to just :-((

I know when I’m unwell I just want to be left alone so I’m really checking myself before I post a message to a buyer because I’m inclined to be a little more “short” and “acerbic” …

So what about “sick days on fiverr” what can you do?

Well, if you’re not yet a top rated seller such that your gigs rarely go into review, you could take that day as a time to do a little “you work” and:

• Update your gigs so they go into review
  • Increase your delivery times to get some extra breathing room (provided it’s not a stuffed up nose!)
  • Remove your “Express Order” extra during the period of recovery
  • Message your existing orders asking for a little extra grace
  • Where they demand it, allow a mutual cancellation of the order if you’re that sick
  • And the one I dislike the most because it rewards the jerkwads, prioritize the buttheads who don’t care you’re sick 🙂

Have you ever needed a sick day on Fiverr.com? How did you handle it?

We all get “Sick” days… for me its more like “travel” days when I am on the road and its just so difficult to access Fiverr from my BB. I just dont feel like working and I make sure I inform everyone whose orders are due “that day”.

I have noticed that as long as you keep your clients “informed”, they are generally OK if you need a day off. As long as you deliver quality work in the end - thats all that matters really !

Guest tn5rr2012

For me since I am at home, sick days are okay because I am right there. I have a turnaround time of 10 days for my gig so being sick really won’t play into my gig or orders

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to anarchofighter: Well I have been a genealogist for over 30 years, my mother used to take me to all our ancestral homesteads and we used to do road trips to areas our ancestors were from plus and don’t get me started we used to visit cemeteries. I love history and family history is personal, it tells us where we cam from, what our heritage is and gives a person something to have pride in. When I help people start their family trees I am helping them discover a part of themselves they never knew about plus they have to open a conversation with their relatives that may never have existed. I love conversation and communication especially when it has to do with our family histories.

Do you think that Genealogy has any issues around “White Privilege?” That is, is there a lot of opportunity for people of colour to have a family tree with the impact of the Slave Trade?

I really don’t know, I’m not asking to hear myself speak, And I understand it can be hard to check our privilege when answers these kinds of questions, but I think you’ll do me a solid with your answer.

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to anarchofighter: I am not sure if you are asking me if helping someone who as african american start their family tree is difficult, if so then the answer is no same as for Native Americans. The records are still there so no problem. I don’t help people who are from other countries (i.e outside the U.S) as I would get into language barriers and sruname inssues. I have that disclaimer on my gig description. Did that answer your question

Sick days suck and I definitely have suffered from them. I tend to have a 4 day turnaround which helps me cope with sick days and other workload. I’ve found the worst is when children have sick days and want your constant attention or always need something.

There have been cases where I’ve had to ask buyers to allow extra time if I think I won’t be able to get to the order in time. I’ve never had one want to cancel - always made sure they know that is an option - but I always try to make sure I get to their orders within the delivery time and thank them for their understanding.

Hmmmm. After reading some of the posts I’m left scratching my head.

Does suspending your gig really remove you from search for a while? I suspend my gigs all the time. When the orders in que get up there, some weekends… whenever I want a day off. Then, after reactivating them I simply continue on. I never realized it changes your place in search. So, I guess what I’m saying… is does it really change your spot in search? Because if it has I hadn’t really noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived