TOS warnings....!

mysteriosraza

Question

some sellers would claim that a mistranslated word or phrase caused them to get banned

Hence the English version always taking precedence if any sort of contradiction arises.

It would make things worse for Fiverr

From a legal perspective? PR? Sellers being too lazy?

If sellers get warned and are coming back to Support with arguments about the translations, there is more work for Fiverr which costs more money. There is less Support then for people who are following the rules regardless of their native language or skill. I think Fiverr might prefer to ban those who don’t follow the rules than the alternative.

The time spent creating makeshift unofficial translations which would have to be re-written frequently would be a problem. The time spent writing back and forth with sellers over it would be a problem. Support would still be communicating in English, too, so in the long run I just don’t see it as viable. It’s a good thought, I just don’t see it as realistic.

what part of the TOS is important for sellers to read, its actually too many,

This is why so many sellers come on the forum complaining about getting banned “for no reason.” If you will not take the time to read ToS that is on you. It’s not the fault of other Sellers or Support.

Wow thanks, you are quite right

Fiverr to post translations of the TOS in a few common languages

I don’t think Fiverr would (or should) do this because some sellers would claim that a mistranslated word or phrase caused them to get banned. It would make things worse for Fiverr and it might or might not actually help the sellers. I do agree that lack of English knowledge is an issue with ToS but I think that’s up to each seller to get a translation. Some may be able to glean enough by re-reading it after a Google translate and others might have to get someone skilled in translation to make them a readable version. It’s a lot of effort. Many sellers aren’t going to put in that effort. They want someone else to be responsible for their own success.

some sellers would claim that a mistranslated word or phrase caused them to get banned

Hence the English version always taking precedence if any sort of contradiction arises.

It would make things worse for Fiverr

Reading the forums, I think one major problem regarding those TOS warnings might be a lack of proper English knowledge that prevents the seller to fully understand the rules and communicate properly with the CS representatives.

This is a valid point. I wonder if it would be beneficial for Fiverr to post translations of the TOS in a few common languages. Not legally binding, and the English one is still the authority, but as an addendum that could potentially keep the violations down in the first place. Not 100% sure it works from a legal perspective, but I think it could help keep users better informed.

Edit: Oops, didn’t realize I quoted from a dead thread.

Fiverr to post translations of the TOS in a few common languages

I don’t think Fiverr would (or should) do this because some sellers would claim that a mistranslated word or phrase caused them to get banned. It would make things worse for Fiverr and it might or might not actually help the sellers. I do agree that lack of English knowledge is an issue with ToS but I think that’s up to each seller to get a translation. Some may be able to glean enough by re-reading it after a Google translate and others might have to get someone skilled in translation to make them a readable version. It’s a lot of effort. Many sellers aren’t going to put in that effort. They want someone else to be responsible for their own success.

Given the above, I am beginning to lean toward the idea that Fiverr does not issue TOS warnings to sellers as indiscriminately as some (and I) might be being led to believe.

Well, usually, we only know one side of the history, as CS representatives don’t write in this forum (as @misscrystal said already) . Though I believe some complaints might be legitimate, I also think those TOS warnings are not as random as might seem.

Reading the forums, I think one major problem regarding those TOS warnings might be a lack of proper English knowledge that prevents the seller to fully understand the rules and communicate properly with the CS representatives.

This is a valid point. I wonder if it would be beneficial for Fiverr to post translations of the TOS in a few common languages. Not legally binding, and the English one is still the authority, but as an addendum that could potentially keep the violations down in the first place. Not 100% sure it works from a legal perspective, but I think it could help keep users better informed.

Edit: Oops, didn’t realize I quoted from a dead thread.

Please what part of the TOS is important for sellers to read, its actually too many, help please

what part of the TOS is important for sellers to read, its actually too many,

This is why so many sellers come on the forum complaining about getting banned “for no reason.” If you will not take the time to read ToS that is on you. It’s not the fault of other Sellers or Support.

Read & understand the TOS first. You need be aware of what you should do and shouldn’t. I never received TOS warnings until now. It it not very hard to follow rules 😀

There is no such number limit that you can receive before ban.

Please what part of the TOS is important for sellers to read, its actually too many, help please

I got two TOS from fiverr what should i do now, do my account ban after 3 third TOS?

To be honest, I’m terrified of TOS warnings. I don’t have any. However, there have been a lot of reports lately about (apparently) indiscriminate bans and warnings. In this case, I have started to feel like it is only a matter of time until I get a warning, due to Fiverr deciding it simply doesn’t like me.

However, I am starting to change my thinking. Recently, I mentioned in a message to CS how a buyer had attempted to contact me via Linkedin. A few minutes after sending this message, I thought , “Oh 💩.” Now Fiverr might think that I actively participate in off-Fiverr communication.

(I do not do this and never will, it is not in my interest whatsoever).

Thankfully, CS seemed to understand the context of my message. They also went so far as to not send me cut and paste template responses, and inform me that some points I raised in a following message would be sent to the Fiverr development team for consideration.

Given the above, I am beginning to lean toward the idea that Fiverr does not issue TOS warnings to sellers as indiscriminately as some (and I) might be being led to believe.

If you have received 2 warnings, I would recommend that you pause your gigs and start thoroughly evaluating what you might be doing wrong, even inadvertently. If you can not identify what the problem might be, contact CS and ask them. Be honest. Say that you are very sorry if you have compromised your account security somehow. Then state that you have paused your gigs because you need to know what you are doing wrong (perhaps inadvertently) before you can invest more time in Fiverr.

I would imagine that if you have nothing to hide and sincerely do not know what you are doing wrong, CS will enlighten you. After that, you can decide if your TOS warnings are justified and/or if you feel you are inadvertently doing something wrong, correct this or ask for advice here regarding how to avoid problems in future.

Well, usually, we only know one side of the history, as CS representatives don’t write in this forum (as @misscrystal said already) . Though I believe some complaints might be legitimate, I also think those TOS warnings are not as random as might seem.

I got two TOS from fiverr what should i do now, do my account ban after 3 third TOS?

To be honest, I’m terrified of TOS warnings. I don’t have any. However, there have been a lot of reports lately about (apparently) indiscriminate bans and warnings. In this case, I have started to feel like it is only a matter of time until I get a warning, due to Fiverr deciding it simply doesn’t like me.

However, I am starting to change my thinking. Recently, I mentioned in a message to CS how a buyer had attempted to contact me via Linkedin. A few minutes after sending this message, I thought , “Oh 💩.” Now Fiverr might think that I actively participate in off-Fiverr communication.

Thankfully, CS seemed to understand the context of my message. They also went so far as to not send me cut and paste template responses, and inform me that some points I raised in a following message would be sent to the Fiverr development team for consideration.

If you have received 2 warnings, I would recommend that you pause your gigs and start thoroughly evaluating what you might be doing wrong, even inadvertently. If you can not identify what the problem might be, contact CS and ask them. Be honest. Say that you are very sorry if you have compromised your account security somehow. Then state that you have paused your gigs because you need to know what you are doing wrong (perhaps inadvertently) before you can invest more time in Fiverr.

I would imagine that if you have nothing to hide and sincerely do not know what you are doing wrong, CS will enlighten you. After that, you can decide if your TOS warnings are justified and/or if you feel you are inadvertently doing something wrong, correct this or ask for advice here regarding how to avoid problems in future.

I am beginning to lean toward the idea that Fiverr does not issue TOS warnings to sellers as indiscriminately as some (and I) might be being led to believe.

We get one side of the story here in the forum, and that is usually biased in favor of the person posting it. Most of the time I’m sure details are left out that would show that they violated some rule.

Based on the fact the OP is not yet banned I am guessing it was the more minor violation of asking for a five star review, or saying they need a good review to help their business.

Yes, third warning and you will be vanished.

Be careful.

Yes, third warning and you will be vanished.

There is no actual evidence that this is true. They can ban you with no warnings, with one, or with three. They might choose not to ban you on three if they feel there are extenuating circumstances, but if you were leveled you would lose a level. It’s not a good idea to make broad statements to people when they may not be accurate. The bottom line is that the OP needs to stop doing anything that can cause them to receive a warning.

Archived