Traditional outfits

zeus777

So my friends from the states are visiting me in Tokyo right now, and for the past 4 days
I’ve been taking them around places non-stop, being their personal tour guide/translator.
Just because I wanted to look good for them I’ve been wearing my kimonos the whole time but
I gotta say it’s not the most comfortable outfit. It’s hard to believe my people were wearing them
on a daily basis back in the old days. My friends are loving it though, so the hassle is worth it I guess. 😄

There are people from around the world here at Fiverrland, how many of you guys own a traditional outfit from your country? I’ve seen a good number of Indian people wearing their saris in Japan and in the states and they look great.
Do any of you guys wear such outfits it on a daily basis?

In India, women wear Indian outfits - sarees and salwars, but it’s very rare for men to wear Indian outfits, except during religious rituals or festivals. I am always in my pajamas and T-shirt at home, T-shirt and jeans when going out 🙂

Do you wear the traditional outfits when you go to those festivals?

Nah, never wore them, never go to festivals or religious functions, etc. I am not your typical Indian 🙂 )

Hahaha, nothing wrong with that.

I’m sure a lot of my friends will tell me that I’m not a “typical Japanese” whatever that means…

BTW 2 years I found a kimono made from an Indian sari fabric, I bought it right away before anyone

else could take it…it was a bit pricey but was worth every penny. I mean every yen. 😍

Hahaha, nothing wrong with that.

I’m sure a lot of my friends will tell me that I’m not a “typical Japanese” whatever that means…

BTW 2 years I found a kimono made from an Indian sari fabric, I bought it right away before anyone

else could take it…it was a bit pricey but was worth every penny. I mean every yen. 😍

This question makes me think of my Dad. Although he’s sure Texan, he’s not a cowboy type. He’s more golf shirts, khakis, tennis shoes. He doesn’t like horses.

He worked for years as an executive fund raiser for an academic agriculture experiment station. They sought contributions from other schools, politicians from coast to coast and sometimes foreign seed companies.

On the days my Dad went to entertain clients he would dress in a fancy cowboy hat, alligator boots, western shirt with pearl snaps, jacket, a bolo tie (below) and new ironed blue jeans. I always found him hilarious in his rhinestone cowboy clothes.

Bolo tie:

74a9f2a43a9cb633b91550ec57f6f089.thumb.jpg.6621a90f5fbe3da1f2462923b3be3ca3.jpg

In India, women wear Indian outfits - sarees and salwars, but it’s very rare for men to wear Indian outfits, except during religious rituals or festivals. I am always in my pajamas and T-shirt at home, T-shirt and jeans when going out 🙂

You know, I looked up outfits from various countries and Google had pictures that seemed rather unrealistic.

I figure people wear what you do, but they had traditional wear from various Asian/Middle East Countries which were extremely elaborate.

It is very nice for both men and women but yikes, I can’t see people going grocery shopping in something that look nice/elaborate?

Archived