Translation Gigs Query

heatherannef

Hi all,

I am relatively new to Fiverr and am still waiting to get my first real order.

However, when it comes to translation gigs I have a question. I am offering 500 - 750 words for 1 gig. However there have been people who have contacted me with documents of 2000 words. Because I am not yet a certain level, I can’t add Gig Extra’s to my gig. How can I ensure I get the right payment for a larger amount of words? Any tips, tricks or advice?

Thanks in advance!

Here is a tip since you are working on early sales. I did this a couple of times when I received inbox messages before I had made a sale on new gigs. If your normal $5 gig goes up to 750 words, as kjblynx said you would need to have them order multiple gigs. If you want to snag a potential customer, one way to help yourself is to offer a special for a multiple order like that. If someone contacts you like that, you could do a “one time deal” or a “courtesy offer” to do 2000 words for 2 gig orders instead of the 3 or 4 it would take to match your base word count closely.

For me, that gave the buyer incentive to order multiples and see my work, and then they re-ordered a week later for my real base price since they thought the work was worth it. Of course, it is a slight risk since some buyers will expect you to honor the special forever, but I haven’t had that problem personally. Good luck!

Archived