Translation offering service asking you to do translation

nicose

Hello

I am wondering if anyone has experieced the same.

Every now and then I get asked from someone, who is offfering translation service in her gig) to do translation for them (these are my gigs as well)

Is this scam? Why should they ask me to do the translation if they offer it? Will they not pay?

Thanks

so you are a seller with a bunch of gigs, someone named macarena messaged you without you messaging macarena first to translate your gigs?

Is that correct? you have a few typos so I am tryihg to understand.

Glad you ask.

The thing is: Macarena offers translation service in her gigs. And she does ask me to do translation for them (i have also translation-gigs). I was wondering: Why? Do they just want to escape from their duty? And let me do the translation of a customer request for them? Then don’t pay, cause they will say they are not happy with my service…

Cause why should they ask me for the translation, if they have to pay me 5 dollars and earn 5 dollars from their customer as well. Thats zero sum game

There are quite a few translators here who ‘bite off more than they can chew’ and then need to outsource, and then there are ‘resellers on purpose’, even such who offer translation services but aren´t translators themselves, partly aren´t even able to vet, if the work you´d send them is okay before they pass it on to their customer as they don´t speak the languages they offer.

If you want to work with them, or not, is your personal choice. I´ve done work for a few, and declined to work for quite a few. Some are nice, some aren´t, which you´ll usually see in their reply, or non-reply when you decline, which again makes you glad you declined, and some probably are scammers.

If you generally are okay with working for people who´ll resell your work (that they pay you 5$ doesn´t mean that their customer only pays them 5$, they might be lazy bums 😉 One tip, if it´s a reseller contacting you from a seller account, look at their reviews. If I see a page with a lot of bad reviews, I’d pass.

Oh and you should edit out the name, you´re not allowed to ‘name and shame’ on the forum, maybe have a look at the forum rules, while you´re here. Posts that contain usernames in such a way, will be flagged sooner or later.

There are quite a few translators here who ‘bite off more than they can chew’ and then need to outsource, and then there are ‘resellers on purpose’, even such who offer translation services but aren´t translators themselves, partly aren´t even able to vet, if the work you´d send them is okay before they pass it on to their customer as they don´t speak the languages they offer.

If you want to work with them, or not, is your personal choice. I´ve done work for a few, and declined to work for quite a few. Some are nice, some aren´t, which you´ll usually see in their reply, or non-reply when you decline, which again makes you glad you declined, and some probably are scammers.

If you generally are okay with working for people who´ll resell your work (that they pay you 5$ doesn´t mean that their customer only pays them 5$, they might be lazy bums 😉 One tip, if it´s a reseller contacting you from a seller account, look at their reviews. If I see a page with a lot of bad reviews, I’d pass.

Oh and you should edit out the name, you´re not allowed to ‘name and shame’ on the forum, maybe have a look at the forum rules, while you´re here. Posts that contain usernames in such a way, will be flagged sooner or later.

Many thanks for your useful help. I appreciate it.

Regarding the name: eeeeee macarena

I have been asked to do gigs for sellers who do sell the same gigs, I d rather think it’s a con, giving them the bit of wood to beat you up with a bad rating as you are a competitor, but I d rather turn down jobs that fighting a bad rating, not worth my time.

Archived