Fiverr Community Forum

Trust & Safety Flag

Just got a PM from a local person (buyer? scammer?) asking me to phone them back about an “opportunity” (gonna go with scammer). Asked her to leave me a message about it here because we are not meant to contact people outside of Fiverr, and I got flagged by T&S.

That’s what you get for doing the right thing, kids.

1 Like

I am wondering if it was somehow automatically triggered. I would need to see the actual wording of her message and yours to decide if it was a real misunderstanding and how it could have happened.

1 Like

You know what I do when somebody does that to me? “Please read Fiverr Terms of Service for Buyers. Thanks!” and give the link to the ToS. That’s it.

2 Likes

It was automatically triggered. I am just wondering why it triggered for THAT and yet could not care less then she sent me her phone number as a complete stranger. It’s a weird algorithm is all.

And that was the wording I used. I have no doubt in my mind that I will come out in the right in this. It’s just annoying because I can’t contact that person to direct her to the TOS at all, so it will probably damage my response rate stat.

Genius, I’ll just do that. Maybe I’ll make a bot-response for it, too.

1 Like

She might have gotten a flag too from them. The phrase “outside of fiverr” might have triggered it.

1 Like

…maybe, but one would think it would stop the message from reaching me if that is the case. Fiverr take T&S (rightfully) seriously.

1 Like

Well they can’t send the message to flag it until the message is actually sent first.

1 Like

As @misscrystal said, she almost certainly got a flag as well, hers just wouldn’t show up on your side. Hers would be taken seriously since she was clearly trying to break the rules, so when a human staff person gets to that one in queue, she may be banned outright. Staff is pretty active with that sort of thing, but the auto-flags allow for a list to build up so they know what to look at. I don’t think you’ll have much negative impact if any.

Edited to add - if you were the first person she sent that too, they wouldn’t have a way to catch it first since auto-flag words are sometimes innocent. Once she’s been flagged, there is a good chance they’ll put a stop to her intentions.

2 Likes

The triggering phrase is

or at least used to be.

1 Like

Clearly you’re smarter than me. :wink: I fell right for it.

I’m not sure about smarter… When they introduced flagging messages like that, one of mine was flagged for that phrase (and not just mine, there were discussions about it on the forum). :slight_smile:

1 Like

The interesting thing is that the automatic flag thing seems not able to decide whether a term is used in perfectly ‘harmless’ context or not, but apparently buyers who ask me for email do not get flagged, whereas my response would, so I have to pretend I can’t spell in order to reply to tell them no in a more polite and explanatory way.

1 Like