Trust your gut

Recently I had an order from a client that just didn’t seem “right.” Still I went ahead and wrote the story. Sadly… just like I felt would happen – happened he gave me the lowest feedback I have gotten since working on here. 😦 I’ve contacted fiverr about canceling the order because the client was unhappy and didn’t note it soon enough. He agreed when I sent him notice of this.

So my tip… trust your gut ; if you think something isn’t right with an order ; normally it isn’t. Move on to another order and just cancel that one. It’s not worth the stress or worry or hard work to have an ungreatful buyer or have a buyer ruin your awesome rating.

Seriously… I knew knew knew I should have canceled but didn’t! LOL… lesson learned! 🙂

It has happen to me as well. One time a client contacted me to discuss the project. After a few emails we were not connecting so I said I could not do the gig. A week later he came back begging me to do the gig. I was hesitant but I did it anyways and guess what he was not happy with the work. UGH!

I guess it is kind of like dating. You go on a date with someone and you don’t click so no 2nd date unless they beg 🙂

Ugh. This is terrible. I’ve totally been there. I put together a discussion board about this a few months ago if you guys want to take a look: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/60907/how-to-spot-and-avoid-bad-buyers/p1

But at the end of the day, yes - I totally agree. It’s about trusting your gut.

@steveeyes - glad to hear you take pity on dates who beg 😛

Archived