Trying to edit videos.. No luck. Weird codec, not supported by any programs

caiterz

I love Windows Movie Maker in XP/Vista.

I hate Windows LIVE movie maker. It makes everything WAYYYY more complicated, especially with its “8 hour pre-buffering” thing with every video…

My camera (Sanyo Xacti) records in Video: ISO standard MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (.MP4)… and regular Movie Maker (and every other program out there) doesn’t support this format!

But windows LIVE movie maker DOES support it for some reason. Does LIVE movie maker have built in codecs?

How in the world can i get windows movie maker (Vista) to recognize my file as well?

I tried installing like, the kLite packs and stuff, but it doesn’t do a thing to increase compatibility! For any program…

Also if anyone knows of any other program that would support my camera as well, that’d be amazing. (Free or paid)

Thanks for any help <3

I’m not sure why you’re offering an “edit gig” and using Movie maker?

Movie maker is… well… It’s like using a fork to eat soup.

I’m not being mean or anything but Movie Maker is literally for people who want to edit home made movies and make photo slide shows.

At the very least you should be using Sony Vegas or an adobe product. Look into those. They import from almost anything (Including pro formats) and export to whatever you need.

I’m not being mean or anything but Movie Maker is literally for people who want to edit home made movies and make photo slide shows.

At the very least you should be using Sony Vegas or an adobe product. Look into those. They import from almost anything (Including pro formats) and export to whatever you need.

Er, I don’t have a video editing gig. Maybe you’re confusing me with someone else.

So like, I’m trying to add promo videos to my gigs “Hi, Here I am, heres what i can do!” Not edit other peoples stuff.

Thus… I don’t need a professional video editing for my 30 second promos. Lol.

Soooo… The issue is I wanna record myself with my camera, but I can’t edit them because no programs outside of “windows LIVE movie maker” will import my videos… 😕

Er, I don’t have a video editing gig. Maybe you’re confusing me with someone else.

So like, I’m trying to add promo videos to my gigs “Hi, Here I am, heres what i can do!” Not edit other peoples stuff.

Soooo… The issue is I wanna record myself with my camera, but I can’t edit them because no programs outside of “windows LIVE movie maker” will import my videos… 😕

Ahhh. Well that explains it then.

It just sounded like you were gig editing. Same stands though. You may be able to find trials of some better programs. I think Windows live is a more pro version of it, that’s why it would support it.

It looks like you may have to find a converter of some sort. Just google what your camera exports as ‘converter’. You may want to try DVD maker, or check if your camera has a DVD option. Even to play your video on a TV or computer. IT would then convert it.

Or, better yet. Didn’t your camera come with software? Most come with basic video software and programs for export. If you got it used just google the camera software.

That would probably be your best bet since most companies include basic programs to convert their video into the standard formats. Finding it for Sanyo shouldn’t be hard.

It just sounded like you were gig editing. Same stands though. You may be able to find trials of some better programs. I think Windows live is a more pro version of it, that’s why it would support it.

It looks like you may have to find a converter of some sort. Just google what your camera exports as ‘converter’. You may want to try DVD maker, or check if your camera has a DVD option. Even to play your video on a TV or computer. IT would then convert it.

Or, better yet. Didn’t your camera come with software? Most come with basic video software and programs for export. If you got it used just google the camera software.

That would probably be your best bet since most companies include basic programs to convert their video into the standard formats. Finding it for Sanyo shouldn’t be hard.

I’ve tried trials of other programs, and all of them so far can’t import the movie. I have no idea why this stupid codec is so hard to import…

I even bought a program, some video studio 10, that PROMISES it can edit HD video, but still no luck…

I cant convert every video. I’ve tried this, and anything longer than a minute gets out of sync video/audio or is garbled… Even then it takes years to convert… My camera records in 1080i.

I dont need any special features… I dont plan on getting into video editing other than just these clips…

All i need is just clip fading, subtitle, and beginning title overlay. This is why windows movie maker would be -perfect- if it would just read my videos…

I read that Corel Ulead DVD MovieFactory comes with sanyo xacti support, so I guess I’ll try that next.

bigbadbilly saidshouldn't be hard.

never before have i had such difficulty finding anything on the internet. :/ I got this camera back in April, and i've posted on many websites asking for help, and noone has been able to find anything so far, so I figured I'd ask on here, since lots of us do videos.

I’ve tried trials of other programs, and all of them so far can’t import the movie. I have no idea why this stupid codec is so hard to import…

I even bought a program, some video studio 10, that PROMISES it can edit HD video, but still no luck…

I cant convert every video. I’ve tried this, and anything longer than a minute gets out of sync video/audio or is garbled… Even then it takes years to convert… My camera records in 1080i.

I dont need any special features… I dont plan on getting into video editing other than just these clips…

All i need is just clip fading, subtitle, and beginning title overlay. This is why windows movie maker would be -perfect- if it would just read my videos…

I read that Corel Ulead DVD MovieFactory comes with sanyo xacti support, so I guess I’ll try that next.

never before have i had such difficulty finding anything on the internet. :/ I got this camera back in April, and i've posted on many websites asking for help, and noone has been able to find anything so far, so I figured I'd ask on here, since lots of us do videos.

Just looked up your camera. Try to find a copy of Nero 8. (That’s what comes with it)

If you can’t find it try Vitrualdub. It’s free and I’m pretty sure edits .mpeg4. Or, you can convert with it. (I’m 90% sure)

Or, you can simply convert. This is a free program, but it only converts .mpeg4 to .avi files. Which you should be able to use in almost anything.

MP4Cam2AVI Easy Converter.

Good luck.

Just looked up your camera. Try to find a copy of Nero 8. (That’s what comes with it)

If you can’t find it try Vitrualdub. It’s free and I’m pretty sure edits .mpeg4. Or, you can convert with it. (I’m 90% sure)

Or, you can simply convert. This is a free program, but it only converts .mpeg4 to .avi files. Which you should be able to use in almost anything.

Good luck.

Good luck.

Good luck.

Archived