Trying to Recover After a Bad Month of Spam and Cancellations

stollerbr

Hey guys,

So I’ve been on Fiverr for a while, and I’ve done pretty well on here. Last fall, I was getting tons of orders. Unfortunately, I started getting a huge volume of spam messages, as well as orders from people who hadn’t read my gig or wanted a service that I do not offer. I was dealing alright with this, though it was lowering my message response rate, until late November.

I’m a graduate student working on Fiverr to make ends meet, but I had several people at once who were difficult, so I had to cancel several orders during my final exams because I didn’t have time to deal with it any more. After that, I basically put my gig on hold until after the holidays.

Now that I’m back, I haven’t had any messages or orders, and my gig isn’t showing up in the search engine. That said, I did edit my gig a few days ago to lower my prices for a while, so hopefully it will come back. However, my username also doesn’t show up when I search for it in the usernames search engine, and I’m worried that maybe my problems have permanently tanked my business.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Unfortunately, some sellers report that pausing their gigs or using vacation mode drops their orders for weeks or months after they return. However, if your username or gig doesn’t show up when you search by the exact title, I would contact customer support. This happened to one of my gigs once when I updated it, and they were able to fix it for me.

Archived