Trying to understand... fees?

tenebres_telrei

Or rather, I’d like to learn how to understand fees that Fiverr conducts on sellers and buyers.
From what I’ve seen so far, it is -1$ from a 5$ service which is fair I guess. Is this % based or a more fixated tag?

For example, I’ve completed an offer for 30$ plus received a tip of 5$. Fiverr took 10$ (Which is 1/3!) plus a dollar from a tip. So my final revenue was 24$. Which I find, to be honest, a bit de-motivating. That means, if I see that my service price is 30$ worth, I have to throw above 10$ to compensate myself from said fees?

Now I know a buyer also has to pay fees yet I’m unsure if it’s a fixated one or not?

I’m genuinely interested to hear out your thoughts, experiences and solutions you’ve came up regarding these fees.

Cheers!
Ten.

Or rather, I’d like to learn how to understand fees that Fiverr conducts on sellers and buyers.

From what I’ve seen so far, it is -1$ from a 5$ service which is fair I guess. Is this % based or a more fixated tag?

For example, I’ve completed an offer for 30$ plus received a tip of 5$. Fiverr took 10$ (Which is 1/3!) plus a dollar from a tip. So my final revenue was 24$. Which I find, to be honest, a bit de-motivating. That means, if I see that my service price is 30$ worth, I have to throw above 10$ to compensate myself from said fees?

Now I know a buyer also has to pay fees yet I’m unsure if it’s a fixated one or not?

I’m genuinely interested to hear out your thoughts, experiences and solutions you’ve came up regarding these fees.

Cheers!

Ten.

I see you didn’t read terms and conditions that you signed and agreed to and ticked a box that you read and understood them 😉

It’s fairly simple: 20%.

Fiverr takes 20% from your earnings.

I see you didn’t read terms and conditions that you signed and agreed to and ticked a box that you read and understood them 😉

It’s fairly simple: 20%.

Fiverr takes 20% from your earnings.

I read it once but my memory isn’t a great once so probably slipped out of my mind then. Perhaps I should have just re-read them instead of bothering you here. My bad and thanks for an answer!

Cheers!

Ten.

Which I find, to be honest, a bit de-motivating.

I hear you, I’ve been selling at Fiverr for 10 years, and when I first started I’d say 98% of my orders were all 5 dollar orders, so making $4 didn’t seem bad. Once I started getting larger orders I felt like the 20% was a HUGE chunk, and I ended up raising my prices because of that.

Thing is, even after I’ve raised my prices, I still kinda-sorta get sad when I see that 20% taken away,

ESPECIALLY from the tip, but what can I say, that’s just how Fiverr is.

You might want to consider raising your prices too eventually. 🙂

Which I find, to be honest, a bit de-motivating.

I hear you, I’ve been selling at Fiverr for 10 years, and when I first started I’d say 98% of my orders were all 5 dollar orders, so making $4 didn’t seem bad. Once I started getting larger orders I felt like the 20% was a HUGE chunk, and I ended up raising my prices because of that.

Thing is, even after I’ve raised my prices, I still kinda-sorta get sad when I see that 20% taken away,

ESPECIALLY from the tip, but what can I say, that’s just how Fiverr is.

You might want to consider raising your prices too eventually. 🙂

Once I started getting larger orders I felt like the 20% was a HUGE chunk

Even if it’s still 20% 🙂

Archived