Turns out getting Top Rated seller isn't as easy as i thought

kno010

Even if you have met TRS requirements, you won’t be promoted automatically. TRS are handpicked by Fiverr team after reviewing the profile. TRS are announced on 16th of every month so there is still time. Please note that it can be tomorrow or even months when they decide to promote you. Just focus on delivering quality work and I’m sure you’ll be promoted soon enough.

• 1 month later...

I just failed my second evaluation day despite meeting all requirements for getting Top Rated Seller. I also have 5-stars average in all categories with 390 reviews, 100% Response Rate (with <1 hour average response time), 100% Order Completion Rate and 100% On-time Delivery. These stats literally can’t get any better.

I know it is a manual progress, but if they are going to deny me this level up they should at least give me some feedback on how to improve for next evaluation. I was really looking forward to that sweet 7 day clearance.

Any idea what might be holding me back? Has anyone else experienced not getting Top Rated Seller without knowing why.

Hmm, that’s a shame! That happened to me when I leveled up to level one, it just took another month after I had met all the requirements, and am now nearly at level 2 seller, my humble guess is that they may only have a certain amount each month? Only speculation, hope you get it soon!

On 5/16/2020 at 5:17 PM, kno010 said:

Any idea what might be holding me back? Has anyone else experienced not getting Top Rated Seller without knowing why.

Yes. Every month it happens to approximately 900,0000 other sellers.

On 5/16/2020 at 5:17 PM, joshvoices4you said:

Hmm, that’s a shame! That happened to me when I leveled up to level one, it just took another month after I had met all the requirements, and am now nearly at level 2 seller, my humble guess is that they may only have a certain amount each month? Only speculation, hope you get it soon!

Level 1 and 2 is automatic and the level up happens if you meat the requirements on the 15th of any given month. Top Rated Seller is the only one where they can chose to manually deny your level up even if you meet the requirements.

On 5/16/2020 at 5:19 PM, cyaxrex said:

Interesting, where did you get that information? I would love to get a source where I can read more.

Interesting, where did you get that information?

I would love to get a source where I can read more.

I think cyaxrex is being ironic. Being Top Rated seller isn’t a question of meeting the requirements and there is no specific reason as why you haven’t been chosen yet. Simply speaking, if anyone could be chosen as Top Rated seller on requirements alone, everyone would be a Top Rated seller sooner or later. Fiverr handpicks their Top Rated sellers based on many other criterias that only the staff knows, so you just need to be patient, cross your fingers and hope next time it will be your turn 😄

Every month it happens to approximately 900,0000 other sellers.

That would be interesting, since lifetime earnings of 20k are needed. For 900.000 sellers to even be eligible, that would mean $18.000.000.000 in sales from those alone. 18 billion dollars. I’m starting to think Fiverr’s stock is undervalued even with the recent 100% rally lol

Every month it happens to approximately 900,0000 other sellers.

That would be interesting, since lifetime earnings of 20k are needed. For 900.000 sellers to even be eligible, that would mean $18.000.000.000 in sales from those alone. 18 billion dollars. I’m starting to think Fiverr’s stock is undervalued even with the recent 100% rally lol

That would be interesting, since lifetime earnings of 20k are needed. For 900.000 sellers to even be eligible, that would mean $18.000.000.000 in sales from those alone.

In 2014, Fiverr had 14 million users.

sellers.png.5f127574592e71c83e36783b40e4cba7.png

I am estimating that 1 million of these users were sellers. It is not unreasonable to expect 900,000 of these to have made $20K since then. They would have only have had to make $3,333 per year for the last 6-years, not counting any earnings they had prior to 2014.

900,000 sellers being eligible for TRS is an estimate. However, I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect that this number is in the right ballpark.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:33 PM, cyaxrex said:

That would be interesting, since lifetime earnings of 20k are needed. For 900.000 sellers to even be eligible, that would mean $18.000.000.000 in sales from those alone.

In 2014, Fiverr had 14 million users.

I am estimating that 1 million of these users were sellers. It is not unreasonable to expect 900,000 of these to have made $20K since then. They would have only have had to make $3,333 per year for the last 6-years, not counting any earnings they had prior to 2014.

900,000 sellers being eligible for TRS is an estimate. However, I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect that this number is in the right ballpark.

It’s not though, your estimate is wildly off mark. The vast majority of sellers make next to nothing. I’d say 1% of active sellers reaching 20k lifetime earnings is a good estimate, probably overestimating. Just think about the numbers for a bit. in 2019 (IPO), Fiverr raised capital at a valuation of around 600 million. For your numbers to be accurate, they would have to have a volume of over 18 billion in sales just from the sellers getting 20k or more lifetime earnings, of which they would take 20%. That would value the company AT THE VERY LEAST in the tens of billions. It’s WAY less than that. Like, way, way less.

Your estimate of 900.000 sellers competing for TRS every month is also discounting all the ones who are already TRS, so not competing to get the level. I’d say there are 1000 sellers eligible to be TRS for the first time each month, tops.

Here are the official results from fiverr:

1470202843_Screenshot2020-05-17at00_40_10.png.7c6dcac7cfe1ca9237dc67d41afe16c7.png

Highest revenues are just over 100 million, so that means 500 million in sales in 2019. This includes the fees, etc, so actual sale value by sellers is even lower. All the other years were lower, so Fiverr has made around maybe 1 billion lifetime earnings - probably way less. That’s way under the 5 billion your estimate would put it at.

Here are the official results from fiverr:

Highest revenues are just over 100 million, so that means 500 million in sales in 2019. This includes the fees, etc, so actual sale value by sellers is even lower. All the other years were lower, so Fiverr has made around maybe 1 billion lifetime earnings - probably way less. That’s way under the 5 billion your estimate would put it at.

That’s way under the 5 billion your estimate would put it at.

I’m now raising my estimate to 2 million sellers qualifying for TRS status each month. - Just to annoy you. 😉

I just failed my second evaluation day despite meeting all requirements for getting Top Rated Seller. I also have 5-stars average in all categories with 390 reviews, 100% Response Rate (with <1 hour average response time), 100% Order Completion Rate and 100% On-time Delivery. These stats literally can’t get any better.

I know it is a manual progress, but if they are going to deny me this level up they should at least give me some feedback on how to improve for next evaluation. I was really looking forward to that sweet 7 day clearance.

One thing that I have heard from staff is that they tend to not really like when people do too much of a variety of services - that they specialize in one or two related areas. So say translation, writing and proofreading are quite related, but then the other gigs you have aren’t. I would say to pause gigs that aren’t selling for you and focus on your key areas. Be the expert Norwegian translator rather than the guy who does a bit of translation, web design and unusual gigs.

There is also limits to the number that are chosen for each category and unfortunately (it seems to me anyway) that they count all translators as one category, rather than having each language pair as a category. In this way, there could be 1000 TRS Spanish-English translators, but no Norwegian-English translators, for example.

You can annoy me, but you can’t annoy math 😃

Now its 3 million. - And yes, math can be annoyed. Math is only a theory. The highest number in math used to be 60 and the entire civilized world worked on a hexadecimal system. All that changed was that some Indian people invented the zero.

Try to a tell a mathematician that the old system made more sense, and they find it very annoying. I’m not starting a math debate, though. Its too late and the Walking Dead isn’t going to watch itself.

Now its 3 million. - And yes, math can be annoyed. Math is only a theory. The highest number in math used to be 60 and the entire civilized world worked on a hexadecimal system. All that changed was that some Indian people invented the zero.

Try to a tell a mathematician that the old system made more sense, and they find it very annoying. I’m not starting a math debate, though. Its too late and the Walking Dead isn’t going to watch itself.

The highest number in math used to be 6

Citation needed / press x to doubt.

The highest number in math used to be 6

Citation needed / press x to doubt.

en.wikipedia.org
200px-Numeral_Systems_of_the_World_svg.png.6558376ddd8dbb0f9f879db697efaf6a.png

Sexagesimal

Sexagesimal (also known as base 60 or sexagenary) is a numeral system with sixty as its base. It originated with the ancient Sumerians in the 3rd millennium BC, was passed down to the ancient Babylonians, and is still used—in a modified form—for measuring time, angles, and geographic coordinates. The number 60, a superior highly composite number, has twelve factors, namely 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, and 60, of which 2, 3, and 5 are prime numbers. With so many factors, many fractions i...

You don’t need a citation, though. We still use parts if the same system. Hence why the day has 24-hours divided into 60 minutes each, and why bakers and farmers have traditionally counted produce in sixes and dozens.

And here is a link for the invention of zero:

https://www.livescience.com/27853-who-invented-zero.html

On 5/16/2020 at 7:03 PM, eoinfinnegan said:

One thing that I have heard from staff is that they tend to not really like when people do too much of a variety of services - that they specialize in one or two related areas. So say translation, writing and proofreading are quite related, but then the other gigs you have aren’t. I would say to pause gigs that aren’t selling for you and focus on your key areas. Be the expert Norwegian translator rather than the guy who does a bit of translation, web design and unusual gigs.

There is also limits to the number that are chosen for each category and unfortunately (it seems to me anyway) that they count all translators as one category, rather than having each language pair as a category. In this way, there could be 1000 TRS Spanish-English translators, but no Norwegian-English translators, for example.

Yeah, you might be onto something about having too many different gigs.

That being said some of of my alternative gigs have actually earned me a few hundred dollars this month and I don’t want to pause them.

I am assuming you also qualify for Top Rated Seller? You seem to have very similar content to me. If you don’t mind me asking how long have you been meeting the requirements without getting leveled up?

I am assuming you also qualify for Top Rated Seller? You seem to have very similar content to me. If you don’t mind me asking how long have you been meeting the requirements without getting leveled up?

I was TRS a couple of months after they introduced the new level system. I lost it January of last year. Since maybe March of last year I have met the metrics each month.

I was TRS a couple of months after they introduced the new level system. I lost it January of last year. Since maybe March of last year I have met the metrics each month.

Well, seems like I shouldn’t get my hopes up then…

I didn’t expect this to be so difficult to achieve.

Well, seems like I shouldn’t get my hopes up then…

Business should never be easy. If it was, then there would be no reward in hard-earned success.

On 5/17/2020 at 12:09 AM, cyaxrex said:

Have you counted level 1 and level 2 sellers in this approximately numbers? If not, how you calculate this number who are already touched all the visible requirements to be a TRS?

On 5/17/2020 at 12:24 AM, eoinfinnegan said:

Do you know: Dose 5$ gig makes problem to be a TRS? Because I have some 5$ gigs. But I have unlocked all the visible requirements today. Please let me know it.

So even if you meet the metrics of a 100 orders, 20k in sales and such you still may not get that TRS status? Seems rather discouraging to continue on the platform then. Why not just raise the metric standards so sellers keep grinding rather than meet a requested value and not be rewarded for that hard work.

Archived