Two features i wish FIVERR would add

jaobiofficial

Hello! I understand why you would want those things. Here are a couple of reasons why it won’t happen:

1. If you knew how incredibly complicated the withdrawal process is with a million things that could possibly go wrong somewhere along the way, you would be glad you can get the full amount and it works well each time. The code to do that is beyond belief with hundreds of lines, and a tiny mistake in any one of them means you won’t get any money at all.

2. If the buyer over pays you definitely as a seller do NOT want to give a partial refund. Use your excellent communication skills to resolve the issue with the client. Offer something else to them instead. If this happens to you more than one time then something is wrong with your gig, the extras, or your offer. I’ve never had that happen.

Hello! I understand why you would want those things. Here are a couple of reasons why it won’t happen:

1. If you knew how incredibly complicated the withdrawal process is with a million things that could possibly go wrong somewhere along the way, you would be glad you can get the full amount and it works well each time. The code to do that is beyond belief with hundreds of lines, and a tiny mistake in any one of them means you won’t get any money at all.

2. If the buyer over pays you definitely as a seller do NOT want to give a partial refund. Use your excellent communication skills to resolve the issue with the client. Offer something else to them instead. If this happens to you more than one time then something is wrong with your gig, the extras, or your offer. I’ve never had that happen.

Thanks, great Information and advice.

I agree that there should be an option to modify the order in case there is a dispute between a buyer and a seller and they come across a partial refund. For example, a few days back I got an order of $150. The client liked my work partially we discussed that they will pay me $45 and I will refund the rest of the amount. Now, I had just one option. I asked them for a new order of $45 and then I will cancel the existing order.

weformat

I agree that there should be an option to modify the order in case there is a dispute between a buyer and a seller and they come across a partial refund. For example, a few days back I got an order of $150. The client liked my work partially we discussed that they will pay me $45 and I will refund the rest of the amount. Now, I had just one option. I asked them for a new order of $45 and then I will cancel the existing order.

weformat

The same happened to me, had to cancel an order of $100 to resend another of $50

Actually i mean for the seller alone to have this control. This way, there are no issues if only seller can reduce amount.

Why would it happen that you need to do that?

It’s supposed to go the other way, where you tell them about some additional things you can do for them that cost more than they paid, and they pay for some extras.

It’s not supposed to be where the seller says to them they paid too much.

Why would it happen that you need to do that?

It’s supposed to go the other way, where you tell them about some additional things you can do for them that cost more than they paid, and they pay for some extras.

It’s not supposed to be where the seller says to them they paid too much.

Okay, so i got an order last week and it turned out it was impossible to achieve the task, after having an understanding with the buyer, he decides to pay 50% the original amount.

I needed a way to reduce the amount without having to cancel the original first. Although that’s what i ended up doing, canceling the order the sending a new one.

weformat

For example, a few days back I got an order of $150. The client liked my work partially we discussed that they will pay me $45 and I will refund the rest of the amount.

This doesn’t make sense. How or why did this happen?

Okay, so i got an order last week and it turned out it was impossible to achieve the task, after having an understanding with the buyer, he decides to pay 50% the original amount.

I needed a way to reduce the amount without having to cancel the original first. Although that’s what i ended up doing, canceling the order the sending a new one.

i got an order last week and it turned out it was impossible to achieve the task

Ok but this is unusual. I would have figured out some way to offer what was worth what he paid if possible. Or offered an extra for the extra he paid. As a rule it’s desirable to not offer money back ever. Of course this was an exception to that rule.

Personally I would love a partial refund feature. I often get people over ordering by mistake (not understanding the extras or counting their words wrong). With the system the way it is - it is SUPER risky to cancel the order and get them to place another one and just ends up being a big hassle. It’s not something I need every day - maybe every few months, but without it, I just hold credit for people manually towards another order and that isn’t easy to manage.

Personally I would love a partial refund feature. I often get people over ordering by mistake (not understanding the extras or counting their words wrong). With the system the way it is - it is SUPER risky to cancel the order and get them to place another one and just ends up being a big hassle. It’s not something I need every day - maybe every few months, but without it, I just hold credit for people manually towards another order and that isn’t easy to manage.

Personally I would love a partial refund feature.

I’m right there with you. This would be an excellent feature to add.

For example, a few days back I got an order of $150. The client liked my work partially we discussed that they will pay me $45 and I will refund the rest of the amount.

This doesn’t make sense. How or why did this happen?

misscrystal this happens because they ordered 3 articles. We had writtenn all three articles but they had liked only one of those three articles. So, we discussed for a solution and that’s how it happened.

I think they #fiverr should also increase the length of gig promotion video.I fmy video is under 50MB and it 3 minute long what’s the problem fiverr? Most client want to see work sample…so if i make a good presentation of my work then my gig selling ration will increase.

I think they #fiverr should also increase the length of gig promotion video.I fmy video is under 50MB and it 3 minute long what’s the problem fiverr? Most client want to see work sample…so if i make a good presentation of my work then my gig selling ration will increase.

@nazrul_opu I think the gig description text should be made 3000 characters as my work needs a complete description of my service for all three packages and the current description is too less to describe the things

I think increasing video length would be heavy on their servers

Archived