Two gigs flagged in two days in a row

samsunnesha

that too for said third party policy.

How can we advise or agree if your English is unintelligible and you give us no actual information?

Hey,

my gig was flagged because they said my gig was offering services which were not allowed in this marketplace and that i should follow the guidelines and adhere the third party TOS. So I am trying to find the specifics which went wrong.

What gigs were they?

Was it the lead generation one (that mentioned LinkedIn)? If so maybe that goes against LinkedIn’s policy/terms of use. Or you could check related sites to whatever other gigs got flagged.

No. it was Instagram influencer. Yeah I am pointing out. thanks

Hey,

my gig was flagged because they said my gig was offering services which were not allowed in this marketplace and that i should follow the guidelines and adhere the third party TOS. So I am trying to find the specifics which went wrong.

Why are you angry with Fiverr? They don’t owe it to you to publish gigs that don’t adhere to their business model and policies and you shouldn’t be breaching third-party policy either.

No. it was Instagram influencer. Yeah I am pointing out. thanks

I don’t really see where that was against their policy unless it was due to copyright (I’m not sure it’s against copyright law) or them thinking you were scraping the site for the info (but you don’t say you are).

You could check instagram’s terms of use.

It says…

Instagram Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws…

but says that can be used for personal use (it doesn’t say for commercial use).

And

You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from Instagram including but not limited to user profiles and photos.

but you didn’t say you were doing that. Maybe it’s the copyright thing (even though it may not be against copyright law) and they don’t want you giving out instagram info/data/influencer/user info and profiting from it. It would be safer to have a research gig that didn’t mention instagram.

They don’t owe it to you to publish gigs that don’t adhere to their business model and policies

They could be clearer on what types of gigs are against their policy/rules/not in their editorial focus though.

They could be clearer on what types of gigs are against their policy/rules/not in their editorial focus though.

What’s not clear?

The majority of people who say their gig has been denied either didn’t read or ignored, or didn’t understand, the terms - whilst saying they did on signup!

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Fiverr's Terms of Service

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

It’s simple, if you’re selling a legitimate, genuine service, chances are you’re going to be okay, if you’re selling dodgy link spam and promises of ranking, or academic work, or anything which is dubious like scraping for spamming, then expect to get pulled up on it, and rightly so.

What’s not clear is the list of the types of services that’s not in their policy/TOS/business direction.

eg. are sign holding gigs allowed? I think lots/most of those got removed - does it say anywhere that they’re not allowed? What about funny/prank videos (they removed the whole subcategory I think but I don’t see anywhere saying they’re not allowed - assuming it’s not in the “dangerous gigs” part of the TOS).

A user asked about whether “deepfake” videos were allowed (if he had all the rights, if it wasn’t misleading/giving disinformation etc. and I assume if it followed all the specified TOS) and asked support who said no, it’s not in their editorial focus to have them. There’s a whole paragraph about it in their community standards and it says there they’re reviewed on a case by case basis. It doesn’t actually say they’re allowed or not there.

They allowed hundreds (or thousands?) of money spell gigs at one time, then removed nearly all of them. What changed in the rules they show?

For the instagram research while it might be somewhere on Instagram’s terms of use (I’m not sure where) and so on Fiverr’s 3rd party TOS bit they could say things like that are not allowed if that’s the case on this site somewhere (or in what cases it is/isn’t).

Or at least give some info on the what is in their editorial focus if some gigs are going to be disallowed for not following it - since it isn’t shown it’s going to be harder for sellers to follow it.

Yet another “I broke the terms because I’m stupid and didn’t read them” post.

Flag for moderation if you don’t like my cold hard brutal truth, but it’s true: you were stupid to publish gigs which breach terms, then you wonder why they get dumped?

@humanissocial does it make your head hurt too?

Covid needs to up its game and liberate the world of people who struggle to think.

Yes. So much of this forum is “I broke the rules and how dare Fiverr penalize me for it!”

Imagine how successful people would be if they did basic research on the rules, learned how business works and stopped trying to find ways to game the system.

Archived