Uh-oh, fiverr Campaign did it again!

frank_d

poll  

1. 1. poll

• What do you think the gig express true freedom?
    • Or was it a dumb and poorly done gig?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn’t a good ad, but some of the objections are also OTT. There are people moaning that Fiverr doesn’t provide “its” contractors with a break room, for instance, and someone else thinks Fiverr is horrible because it doesn’t give all of us medical benefits. That’s just silly.

So … yeah, bad ad, but also a bad case of unrealistic expectations on the part of many of the flamers.

Just in case, though – Fiverr staff, if you would like to come over and add a break room to my house, I’ll take it. 🙂

Does fiverr sell those ad posters? I don´t care for not eating and I love naps, but I might want to buy the do now ask forgiveness later one to inspire me. On second thought though, I don´t need a poster for that, I´ll just, like, do.

This is a horrible ad. All it succeeds in is people remembering it because of how bad and slightly disturbing it is.

All this ad does, is say to people who already use Fiverr to buy stuff that their sellers are drained insomniacs. It then says to people who don’t already use Fiverr, “hey, look how odd and dismal we are.” Lastly, it says to potential new freelancers, WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING REWARDING FOR YOU HERE - JOIN THAT OTHER PLATFORM OR DIE A SLOW AND AGONIZING DEATH.

Terrible from all levels and angles. How this could be taken from a concept to an actual printed and distributed poster is beyond me. Logically it signals poor marketing recruitment choices, piss poor project oversight, and diabolically budget management.

Short story: If ever you wanted proof that Fiverrs inside circles are a bunch of self-affirming millenial trendies completely out of touch with reality, this is it.

Blame these guys (warning, front page of this website may induce epileptic fit)

http://dcx.nyc/

Interesting snippet from a PR about these guys:

“Fiverr has the potential to democratize entrepreneurship and change history, just as the Ford Model T democratized cars,” said Douglas Cameron, founder of DCX. “We’ve started using Fiverr ourselves to create animated videos and illustrated storyboards, so we have a firsthand understanding of how Fiverr can help small businesses become much more competitive. Our goal is to push Fiverr’s revolutionary business model by educating the entrepreneurial public on how they can use Fiverr to rapidly build their own businesses and thrive economically.”

http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/dcx-growth-accelerator-named-as-fiverrsr-global-agency-record-strategy-creative-2167881.htm

Make of the highlighted section in relation to the “eat coffee”, “follow through”, general tone deafness and everything else that is wrong with ad what ye will.

EDIT: it’s worth nothing that the former head of marketing quit around this time, joined by another senior member of the marketing team. So who knows…

Blame these guys (warning, front page of this website may induce epileptic fit)

http://dcx.nyc/

Interesting snippet from a PR about these guys:

“Fiverr has the potential to democratize entrepreneurship and change history, just as the Ford Model T democratized cars,” said Douglas Cameron, founder of DCX. “We’ve started using Fiverr ourselves to create animated videos and illustrated storyboards, so we have a firsthand understanding of how Fiverr can help small businesses become much more competitive. Our goal is to push Fiverr’s revolutionary business model by educating the entrepreneurial public on how they can use Fiverr to rapidly build their own businesses and thrive economically.”

http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/dcx-growth-accelerator-named-as-fiverrsr-global-agency-record-strategy-creative-2167881.htm

Make of the highlighted section in relation to the “eat coffee”, “follow through”, general tone deafness and everything else that is wrong with ad what ye will.

EDIT: it’s worth nothing that the former head of marketing quit around this time, joined by another senior member of the marketing team. So who knows…

I’d like to order a gig or two from them, see what they are about.

(and what’s their turn around time)

What I would like to know is why DCX (The “Doug Cameron Experience”) only has one client on its books (or at least, only one they’re bragging about). The website is also largely incomplete. If you want to find out more about Doug Cameron’s “Cultural Strategy” (Shades of Mao, anyone?), the page doesn’t exist.

Can we all smell the stench of corruption and fish guts?

Interesting read. Outside of the box thinkers, I suppose. After, reading this bit. 😶 Executive Creative Director Tommy Noonan created the “Trump Hut,” a luxury protest hut in the shape of Donald Trump’s hair, which received national and international media attention.

Interesting read. Outside of the box thinkers, I suppose. After, reading this bit. 😶 Executive Creative Director Tommy Noonan created the “Trump Hut,” a luxury protest hut in the shape of Donald Trump’s hair, which received national and international media attention.

Sounds like they are the vegan hipsters of marketing.

Archived