Umm, advice on what the heck this is, please?

itsyourthing

I didn’t sleep well so maybe I’m just not getting it, but I’m hoping someone with experience can suggest something.

I Just received a mutual cancellation request for an order that was supposedly placed on April 29, that I can find no record of anywhere. The cancellation request page has “LATE” on the timer and the buyer politely said that they already had the work completed and hope to rehire me in the future, but uhh, I can find that they ever hired me. The “view conversation with” loads up only my ‘auto-instructions’ for when the order’s initially placed along with the polite ‘rehire in the future’ cancel request.

I’m assuming I need to contact CS (or just agree to the cancellation) but if any of you can advise me on how best to do either I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

I think I figured it out - sort of. They ordered, never submitted the instructions, left the order hanging in limbo and then decided to cancel it to free up their Fiverr funds to do something else with.

OK, so my only option is to accept the request and take the hit to my stats, right? And what’s the deal with the timer saying “LATE” when it never even started? Is that somehow going to come back and haunt me stat-wise?

Reply to @emasonwrites: I didn’t have any emails to check. I got one in April saying ‘hang tight until the buyer submits their details’ and the one today of a “mutual cancellation request”.

If they buyer never completed ordering in the first place, (the timer never started) how can it be “late” and why will I be affected with the cancellation?

I’m guessing this is just an example of a seller having to take a hit for the system.

I don’t think your rating will take a hit if they never submitted instructions for it.

I can’t tell you why it says “LATE”, but I’ve had an order hanging around where the buyer never submitted any instructions for me. I’ve nudged and nudged with no reaction whatsoever, so today I decided to request cancellation and it said that my ratings wouldn’t be affected.

I don’t see why it would be different the other way around.

As far as I know, you only take a hit to your ratings if the buyer has left instructions and you didn’t complete on time. Correct me if I’m wrong though 🙂

Archived