Fiverr Community Forum

Unable to send your message

Hey.

For the past few days, I’ve been getting the “unable to send your message” notice every time I send a message in my inbox. The message gets send every now and then, but I get this notice 90% of the time.

I’m getting a similar problem when contacting people on the order page. When I click the send button, the message simply disappears.

I tried logging out and back in. I closed my Chrome browser and nothing helped. Is there a fix for this problem?

Thanks.
Matija

2 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue.

i have a 420$ order and i cant communicate with the seller for details because it wont let me send my message!

I’m sorry to hear that, it looks like fiverr has some glitches like that from time to time but usually they are resolved pretty fast.

Did you try sending messages in the inbox and in the order page?

If none of that works then you can contact fiverr support and ask them to resolve it for you.

I have the same problem, does anyone have a solution for the problem?

I also had this problem once, then I went offline on Fiverr till Half Hour, then when I went online on Fiverr again half an hour later, my problem was solved. You don’t have to worry it gets bugs in Fiverr’s inbox sometimes.

Same problem here and it is not the first time it shows up on the website. Workaround is to message through the mobile app. Not ideal but it has worked for me.