Unacceptable behaviour from a buyer (Shocked)

lordwordpress

I’v been working on fiverr since 2013 mainly i provide wordpress related services. I have a gig for HTML to wordpress conversion, back in april i got this custom offer project to convert a html blog template to wordpress, like always i have provided a good service to buyer, which afterwards buyer installed in his server & use as the company blog.

Even at the moment the theme i created using for the blog & it’s 100% functional. there had no issue between me or the buyer everything went smooth.

Yesterday, i got this below message from fiverr

"We’ve been informed of a dispute via PayPal

Hi lordwordpress,

A dispute was opened via PayPal for your order XXXXXXXX: convert HTML to WordPress. As a result, we have to cancel this order and ask that you discontinue your work.

If the dispute is resolved, the buyer will receive an offer to reorder your Gig.

Thanks,
The Fiverr Team
"

i was kinda surprised as i never received such message before, so i went over & check what is this order about, i was shocked the order is for the blog theme i mentioned about. it was a 100% successful project, & was cleared to withdraw but last minute (yesterday) the buyer cancelled the order & also the buyer seems deactivate his account too.

I have never faced a tragic situation in here for my 4 years here in fiverr. do you guys been into this situation before, this is completely a scam.

i have submit a support ticket to fiverr team regarding this, it’s been 24hrs now no reply yet.

any advice?

Guest offlinehelpers

Sorry this has happened to you - have a read of this post about PayPal chargebacks:
favicon.ico default-apple-touch-icon.png

I received an email from Paypal today explaining that they have upgraded our Seller Protection to now include tickets, travel and services. Why is this significant? Well, nobody really sells tickets or travel on Fiverr, however services are what...

Reading time: 3 mins ? Likes: 37 ❤

Sorry this has happened to you - have a read of this post about PayPal chargebacks:

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Potentially Major Development Regarding Chargebacks/Paypal & Fiverr

I received an email from Paypal today explaining that they have upgraded our Seller Protection to now include tickets, travel and services. Why is this significant? Well, nobody really sells tickets or travel on Fiverr, however services are what...

Reading time: 3 mins ? Likes: 37 ❤

Thanks, paypal have nothing to do with this, it says buyer cancelled & the funds was returned to buyer.

Guest offlinehelpers

I’v been working on fiverr since 2013 mainly i provide wordpress related services. I have a gig for HTML to wordpress conversion, back in april i got this custom offer project to convert a html blog template to wordpress, like always i have provided a good service to buyer, which afterwards buyer installed in his server & use as the company blog.

Even at the moment the theme i created using for the blog & it’s 100% functional. there had no issue between me or the buyer everything went smooth.

Yesterday, i got this below message from fiverr

"We’ve been informed of a dispute via PayPal

Hi lordwordpress,

A dispute was opened via PayPal for your order XXXXXXXX: convert HTML to WordPress. As a result, we have to cancel this order and ask that you discontinue your work.

If the dispute is resolved, the buyer will receive an offer to reorder your Gig.

Thanks,

The Fiverr Team

"

i was kinda surprised as i never received such message before, so i went over & check what is this order about, i was shocked the order is for the blog theme i mentioned about. it was a 100% successful project, & was cleared to withdraw but last minute (yesterday) the buyer cancelled the order & also the buyer seems deactivate his account too.

I have never faced a tragic situation in here for my 4 years here in fiverr. do you guys been into this situation before, this is completely a scam.

i have submit a support ticket to fiverr team regarding this, it’s been 24hrs now no reply yet.

any advice?

A dispute was opened via PayPal

It is a PayPal chargeback - the buyer got their funds back via a PayPal dispute.

Fiverr responds to these by closing the buyer’s account, as you’ve already found out.

Have a look at Eoin’s link above - it’ll give you some ideas of what to say when you speak to CS - they may be able to retrieve something for you.

Good luck! 🙂

A dispute was opened via PayPal

It is a PayPal chargeback - the buyer got their funds back via a PayPal dispute.

Fiverr responds to these by closing the buyer’s account, as you’ve already found out.

Have a look at Eoin’s link above - it’ll give you some ideas of what to say when you speak to CS - they may be able to retrieve something for you.

Good luck! 🙂

Thanks mate appreciate it.

Probably it wasn´t your buyer who deactivated their account but when a buyer does a PayPal chargeback, Fiverr does suspend their account, because Fiverr doesn´t think that´s acceptable behaviour either. 🙂

Look at this quote from the ToS, it definitely makes sense to try to work on this with Support.

Fiverr reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of sellers. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the seller’s favor. If the chargeback case allows, Fiverr will return parts or full revenue back to sellers.

If you were a frequent visitor of the forum, then it would not have surprised you. Just yesterday, someone posted about the same, day before that also and the day before that I know someone who had the same problem. By now, I’ve gotten used to it and won’t be surprised if this happened with me in coming days.

Search for PayPal Chargeback on the forum search and you’ll find lots of cases and many suggestions. Good luck, I hope you get a partial refund or if you’re lucky, full refund.

Archived