UNAPPROVED Request... Why?

pcoughlin

I am new to Fiverr and would like some help …

My Request was UNAPPROVED and the email I received gave 5 broad areas that it might be in violation but the Request does not violate any of them.

The Request:

I have Excel file with data from Crystal Reports in it. Need a PHP program that converts it into MySQL Inserts in PHP. The “Stat Code” and “Permit Type” text should be on every line of the resulting data. Need the program, NOT the one file converted.
I attached the XLS sheet with the data in it which is publicly available. It was downloaded from a USA County website.

The email sent to me from Fiverr:

Unfortunately, your Gig request “I have Excel file with data from…” did not pass our review due to one (or more) of the following reasons:

• It was misleading/unclear
  • It contains contact information (i.e. s***e, email, phone #), or your site/social media url
  • It contains payment information
  • It contains a request for services that are not allowed on Fiverr (i.e. Bitcoin services, paid Wordpress themes, licensed software, etc.)
  • You submitted your request to multiple categories. You should select the most suitable category and subcategory, and then submit only one request

As you can see, the first four are not applicable. And I assure you, I only posted it once.

What is wrong with my request and which of the “rules” are applicable?

I am new to Fiverr and would like some help …

My Request was UNAPPROVED and the email I received gave 5 broad areas that it might be in violation but the Request does not violate any of them.

The Request:

I have Excel file with data from Crystal Reports in it. Need a PHP program that converts it into MySQL Inserts in PHP. The “Stat Code” and “Permit Type” text should be on every line of the resulting data. Need the program, NOT the one file converted.

I attached the XLS sheet with the data in it which is publicly available. It was downloaded from a USA County website.

The email sent to me from Fiverr:

Unfortunately, your Gig request “I have Excel file with data from…” did not pass our review due to one (or more) of the following reasons:

• It was misleading/unclear
  • It contains contact information (i.e. s***e, email, phone #), or your site/social media url
  • It contains payment information
  • It contains a request for services that are not allowed on Fiverr (i.e. Bitcoin services, paid Wordpress themes, licensed software, etc.)
  • You submitted your request to multiple categories. You should select the most suitable category and subcategory, and then submit only one request

As you can see, the first four are not applicable. And I assure you, I only posted it once.

What is wrong with my request and which of the “rules” are applicable?

This one maybe…

This one maybe…

I only submitted the one Request … I did not submit it more than once.

What made you think it was that one?

Also, the system should not send an email with completely different reasons … just send the exact reason so this is not some abstract guessing game.

I only submitted the one Request … I did not submit it more than once.

Also, the system should not send an email with completely different reasons … just send the exact reason so this is not some abstract guessing game.

Method of deduction?

p.s

They don’t want to be rude and assumptive by finger-pointing specifics I suppose…

@pcoughlin I think what happened to you was that your request was due to an automatic flag, not a manual one. So, you received a canned reply with broad areas instead of a specific one.

I am not an Excel expert and I don’t know what Crystal Reports are, though I do understand roughly what you were trying to get someone to do. For me, the request might be “misleading/unclear” but I don’t know if you got flagged because of that or not. It probably depends on either how the category you choice lines up and/or the nature of the actual data.

The thing is, Buyer Requests is best for requests that match these two criteria: Simple requests that are fairly easy to understand AND requests that can’t be sent to anyone advertising an ordinary gig on Fiverr. I once needed a non-professional quality video made of a person training a horse and I found lots of gigs about horses and lots of video gigs, but nothing that matches my need. It was easy to write in buyer request that I wanted a video of a person training a horse and of course, there were people that could do it on their smart phones.

Your request might not fit well because it isn’t that simple and there are plenty of Fiverr gigs that offer PHP work, even customized. I wouldn’t even try to shoehorn it into Buyer Requests unless you can simplify it further, leave the attachment out, ask for PHP developers who are familiar with Excel/Crystal Reports and just see what kind of responses you get.

Better yet, avoid BR and go to the technical categories on the Fiverr main page, find a few PHP people who mention custom work and send a message to a a few of them. Try just 4-5 max and give them a simple description and ask if they want to see the file and give you a quote. If the first ones don’t seem right, try a few more. There are people here who can do what you want, but it will take some effort to find them. In return, you’ll probably get it much cheaper than off-Fiverr.

I had a difficult time getting a simple request for a logo to be accepted on there.
I have no idea why it was getting rejected.
Your’s isn’t very clear and 99% of the people who see it will not understand what it is.

If you could word it in a way that a layman can understand, even though it sounds very technical, maybe that would help but it’s anyone’s guess if it will or not.

I agree with your implication that the system is not working as intended.

Try again with just one category, it will go through. A lot of us here, including sellers, face bugs where our communication gets flagged by the automated bot. It gets unflagged a few hours later when a human verifies it. That’s what all of us do “try again after some time”.

Slightly unrelated, but also slightly related :

If you are going to rewrite the request anyway, I’d do it this way >> “Need an SAP consultant to write a PHP script to import Crystal Reports data from XLS into SQL DB” << Because that’s what it is primarily; It needs an SAP consultant more than a PHP consultant.

The import script itself is highly likely to be available in open source format. It is the BI/SAP comprehension skillset which is key here to accomplish what you are looking for, since it is a Crystal Reports export file.

If you are open to suggestions then using AngularJS with MongoDB will suit your needs better than using PHP-SQL because the former has native support for visual representation, graph creation and data manipulation, and it scales and translates very well if you want to go big in the future (Hadoop/Hbase)

I agree with your implication that the system is not working as intended.

Try again with just one category, it will go through. A lot of us here, including sellers, face bugs where our communication gets flagged by the automated bot. It gets unflagged a few hours later when a human verifies it. That’s what all of us do “try again after some time”.

Slightly unrelated, but also slightly related :

If you are going to rewrite the request anyway, I’d do it this way >> “Need an SAP consultant to write a PHP script to import Crystal Reports data from XLS into SQL DB” << Because that’s what it is primarily; It needs an SAP consultant more than a PHP consultant.

The import script itself is highly likely to be available in open source format. It is the BI/SAP comprehension skillset which is key here to accomplish what you are looking for, since it is a Crystal Reports export file.

If you are open to suggestions then using AngularJS with MongoDB will suit your needs better than using PHP-SQL because the former has native support for visual representation, graph creation and data manipulation, and it scales and translates very well if you want to go big in the future (Hadoop/Hbase)

@silkroute I had no idea you spoke Greek. 😉

@silkroute I had no idea you spoke Greek. 😉

I’m not proud of it. 😅

I’d rather the forum allowed me to speak French instead, but we need to be mindful of 13 year olds browsing the forum, so I had to filter my language and resort to being a boring technician again. A rebellious attempt was made yesterday to add spice to conversations on the forum but it became too spicy in the end. So, back to Greek.

“Hi you are speaking to Silkroute tech, how may I assist you today” 😈

I had a difficult time getting a simple request for a logo to be accepted on there.

I have no idea why it was getting rejected.

Your’s isn’t very clear and 99% of the people who see it will not understand what it is.

If you could word it in a way that a layman can understand, even though it sounds very technical, maybe that would help but it’s anyone’s guess if it will or not.

@misscrystal … I appreciate your reply …

99% of the people are NOT supposed to understand it … Just the 1% that can do it. If the Seller does not understand the text, then they are not right for the job. Which I thought was the point of putting in the details of what I needed.

Thank you and I will keep it in mind on future descriptions. All replies are valuable and my wife would say that I am overly exact and technical most of the time anyway.

@pcoughlin I think what happened to you was that your request was due to an automatic flag, not a manual one. So, you received a canned reply with broad areas instead of a specific one.

I am not an Excel expert and I don’t know what Crystal Reports are, though I do understand roughly what you were trying to get someone to do. For me, the request might be “misleading/unclear” but I don’t know if you got flagged because of that or not. It probably depends on either how the category you choice lines up and/or the nature of the actual data.

The thing is, Buyer Requests is best for requests that match these two criteria: Simple requests that are fairly easy to understand AND requests that can’t be sent to anyone advertising an ordinary gig on Fiverr. I once needed a non-professional quality video made of a person training a horse and I found lots of gigs about horses and lots of video gigs, but nothing that matches my need. It was easy to write in buyer request that I wanted a video of a person training a horse and of course, there were people that could do it on their smart phones.

Your request might not fit well because it isn’t that simple and there are plenty of Fiverr gigs that offer PHP work, even customized. I wouldn’t even try to shoehorn it into Buyer Requests unless you can simplify it further, leave the attachment out, ask for PHP developers who are familiar with Excel/Crystal Reports and just see what kind of responses you get.

Better yet, avoid BR and go to the technical categories on the Fiverr main page, find a few PHP people who mention custom work and send a message to a a few of them. Try just 4-5 max and give them a simple description and ask if they want to see the file and give you a quote. If the first ones don’t seem right, try a few more. There are people here who can do what you want, but it will take some effort to find them. In return, you’ll probably get it much cheaper than off-Fiverr.

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Archived