Unavailability BUG

genesisbio

Hi there,

I have set my account to “Unavailable” and haven’t checked the box to enable buyers to contact me, yet I am still getting messages from new buyers.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Just wanted to know if it’s just me or it’s a platform-wide bug.

I have reached out to Fiverr Support, but haven’t heard back from them yet.

Hi there,

I have set my account to “Unavailable” and haven’t checked the box to enable buyers to contact me, yet I am still getting messages from new buyers.

I have set my account to “Unavailable”

You mean “Out of office”, right?

As I know buyer will still able to send message

Hi there,

It’s not just you. Others have experienced that bug, too.

This has been an issue for me for 16 months now. It was bad when Fiverr used “out of office” but now that they’ve moved to the Availability tool, I am always contacted when I am supposed to be unavailable. It’s so frustrating. And it means I don’t actually ever get to be completely on vacation.
I have an open ticket with the “customer service” people who have told me 4 times that they’ll send the ticket up to the correct department. I think this department must be unstaffed since in 16 months they’ve done nothing.

Ugh I’m sorry. What a bad time of year for this bug to be happening.

I would suggest you write up a message template reply saying you are of on holiday and when you will be back. Then when you get a message you can select that template and click send. That way you can still reply to avoid lowering your response time, but it will just take you a second and you’ll be telling the buyers inquiring when you can work with them.

• 1 month later...

Ugh I’m sorry. What a bad time of year for this bug to be happening.

I would suggest you write up a message template reply saying you are of on holiday and when you will be back. Then when you get a message you can select that template and click send. That way you can still reply to avoid lowering your response time, but it will just take you a second and you’ll be telling the buyers inquiring when you can work with them.

I did end up doing that with the auto reply. And escalating the fix ticket. After 16 months and 4 reminders of Fiverr doing nothing, all it took was a “supervisor, please” and the bug was fixed in - I kid you not - under 2 hours.

Archived