Unbelievable Fiverr Email System

Hi All

I really, really need to rant about this - I’m still finding it inconceivable :slight_smile:

Here’s how it went …

I get an email in my fiverr inbox from a spammer – outaradan1985. However, I can only read the header which is some drivel about his/her site, I can’t open it.

When I click to open it, I get this indicator from fiverr "For privacy reasons, this user may not be contacted directly."

I wouldn’t normally bother, I’m completely disinterested in it’s content - I’d just archive and forget - except that I can’t open the mail to archive it!

So I ask for some help from fiverr support to either delete it or mark it as archived to keep my inbox clear for buyers (I automatically archive mails once I’ve replied to them - that being the only functionality that fiverr offers in their wonderful mail system - I still find myself NOT typing the bad EMAIL word for fear of a transgression :slight_smile: )

here’s what support said in their first email (oops, I’ve used it again :slight_smile: ) …

"Unfortunately now that this user is no longer active we are not able to remove that message. Thank you for your understanding."

As I wasn’t the least bit understanding (having been a real email user since the mid 80’s :slight_smile: I replied and received this second comment …

"Unfortunately that is the current functionality of the system and the message is not able to be deleted or archived."

LOL, can you believe that ? Now I have this email from hell that is forever stuck in my inbox.

Seems that Fiverr’s email system is a wonderful place to live if you’re a spammer - why are you even able to send an email that no-one can open ???

/rant

Cheers

Neil

Space! Space!! Space!!!

Fiverr have it!

Why bother yourself about unreadable emails? What you should be on the look out for is virus powered attachment in emails.

That is my thought though.

Space! Space!! Space!!!

Fiverr have it!

Why bother yourself about unreadable emails? What you should be on the look out for is virus powered attachment in emails.

Space! Space!! Space!!!

Fiverr have it!

Space! Space!! Space!!!

Fiverr have it!

Space! Space!! Space!!!

Fiverr have it!

Yes, I too wish we could delete them I have over 2 dozen of those can’t deletes. :slight_smile: It’s a bit annoying.

Reply to @anarchofighter: Jesus Christ Almighty - we have an “Archive” feature?! No, seriously, I’ve been on Fiverr for 3 years and I never saw it?! How is that even possible?! God I feel traumatized right now!

Pff, you should check out my inbox: no message was ever archived - everything’s right there from the very first message… I guess it would be impossible to archive them all now :))

[edit: I’ve always seen that big “Archive” tab, and I thought that Fiverr would archive them for me when the inbox gets too crowded]

[edit: I’ve just finished counting: 2056 messages in my inbox! God that zero should not be there…]

We need better email management and sales reports.

janeedward said: Space! Space!! Space!!!
Fiverr have it!

Yeah, I agree. We need a server based virus scan ;)

Reply to @janeedward:

The point of the issue is that you can’t clear out your email space so you don’t know if there are any mails requiring attention - they just get lost in the noise. Once I’ve replied to a mail, I just archive it - the system will unarchive it if the sender replies and requires further info. If it were a half decent system, then these issues wouldn’t arise.

I don’t have a virus issue - I use Macs and I’m not getting into the PC virus v Mac arguments :-)))

Reply to @Woofy31:

I’ll tell you what’s even worse - you have to go into EVERY email to click the archive button - there’s no check box next to each email in the listing that you can just click (or even a ‘select all’ , that would be too simple :-)) This ain’t evilbay :slight_smile: