Fiverr Forum

UNBELIEVABLE! Getting a little ticked and not sure what to do, help!?

The orders where the buyers do not read the description just keep coming!!! I have to continue to do a mutual cancellation! If it only happens once or twice every couple of months it’s not that bad. But when you are having to cancel SEVERAL orders per week it’s… AHHHH! I am going to lose my level for sure. :’(

Just now, I got an order where the buyer infers he read and understood the description, but basically wants me to do what I said I would NOT do anyway. So, now I am getting orders where the buyers didn’t read the gig description at all… OR they just don’t care what I will and will not do and order anyway. BOTH causing me to have to do MULTIPLE mutual cancellations in short periods of time!!!

What can I do to prevent this crap!? I have already CLEARLY stated in my gig description I WILL NOT do something, yet I continue getting orders for the EXACT thing I say I WILL NOT do! >:(

I really don’t want to lose my level, but I don’t see a way I can prevent it from happening… other than to delete the gig causing all the problems. Which means, less MUCH NEEDED $$$ for me. :confused:

What are my options here, please help! :frowning:

EDIT:

SERIOUSLY!? I just got another order saying “Sorry, I accidentally hit order. Can you please cancel, thanks!”. WTF!? I am going to rip my hair out. :’(

*** Sheriff’s note: Thread moved to the correct category ***

Yep even if Fiverr CS cancels the order for you, it STILL effects your selling status.

for example, before I hit level 1, I had 9 sales, one more to go then celebration!! level 1! Customer came through, had a big order for limo company, I was like great… so we agreed a price (which covered 8 gig orders)

which he ordered straight away, I then wrote about 10 paragraphs of information and particular camera shots I needed to make the perfect promotional video.

He never responded for about 2 weeks even after I messaged and messaged and messaged, so for fear of my rating I got Fiver CS to cancel the 8 gigs.

1 sale later, hit the big 10! but no lvl 1 selling status.

So after about 20+ emails back and forth of how flawed their system is penalising sellers when buyers don’t supply the information needed to complete their order.

They eventually seen the light and promoted me to lvl 1 on the spot. But wow so much hard work to get them to see these cancellations weren’t my fault even though it was blatantly obvious these cancellations were all from one seller, cancelled by their own support team! Fiverr cs is awesome but when it comes to their own systems and mistakes… you gota fight for it!

Yep even if Fiverr CS cancels the order for you, it STILL effects your selling status.

for example, before I hit level 1, I had 9 sales, one more to go then celebration!! level 1! Customer came through, had a big order for limo company, I was like great… so we agreed a price (which covered 8 gig orders)

which he ordered straight away, I then wrote about 10 paragraphs of information and particular camera shots I needed to make the perfect promotional video.

He never responded for about 2 weeks even after I messaged and messaged and messaged, so for fear of my rating I got Fiver CS to cancel the 8 gigs.

So after about 20+ emails back and forth of how flawed their system is penalising sellers when buyers don’t supply the information needed to complete their order.

They eventually seen the light and promoted me to lvl 1 on the spot. But wow so much hard work to get them to see these cancellations weren’t my fault even though it was blatantly obvious these cancellations were all from one seller, cancelled by their own support team! Fiverr cs is awesome but when it comes to their own systems and mistakes… you gota fight for it!

1. Remove the stars on the problem gigs. They are distracting from the content of the gig description. I had trouble reading it past the header.

2. List the NO BLAH BLAH BLAH closer to the beginning of the description, or even as an all capital letters opening – as in (DUE TO REPEAT MIS-COMMUNICATION I WILL NOT BLAH BLAH BLAH. THANK YOU.) And then give the spiel.

People have really short attention spans. You have to put the important stuff first and clearly. :smiley:

Good luck.

Reply to @crcanny: Thanks, I will give this a try!

Reply to @crcanny: I thought the stars would help, as it sort of separates my sentences so that it’s not just a big jumble of words to read through. Is this not true?

Reply to @prohelper27: All I see is stars, lol. Keep them on the non-problem gigs, no issue. But on the Cancel Issue Gig, get rid of them and put that 'NOTE BEFORE YOU ORDER: I WILL NOT DO BLAH BLAH BLAH, THANKS" first and then describe the gig.

It’s so difficult to lay the description out without proper formatting allowed!

Put the important things first. I ask my buyers to contact me if they want to order more than 4 and now make sure that’s the first line as they’re more likely to read it. I’ve had more contact me lately than when it was one of the last lines.

don’t cancel yourself, contact the support, they will do it for you.

Yes you have to assume your gigs are going to be read by complete morons. Thankfully there are some intelligent creatures roaming the world… but there are also some real derp derps… You must cater to them ;(

Reply to @zarklon: LOL and yes, this.

Mistakes get made. People mess up. It’s just part of the wheel we have to keep turning. Even when I’m frustrated with people, I try to make the experience a perfect one in terms of customer service.

I had to cancel a gig because he accidentally ordered 4 times instead of 1, and then he never reordered. Oh well. :frowning:

I sorta look at it like no matter what, a percentage of folks will make mistakes. Might as well just wrap my head around that reality and deal with it pleasantly as it comes.

Reply to @team_writers: Even having customer support cancel the gigs can cause you to lose your level if it happens too often.

From CS when I asked them to cancel an order because I didn’t want to do mutual cancellation since I’ve done so many recently:

"Your order has been cancelled as requested. Please keep in mind that all cancellations can affect your level status."

So, apparently, no matter what… if I continue having to cancel orders manually or through customer support, I am going to lose my level eventually. :’(