Hi, how are you? Today I’m having one of my worst days as a Fiverr seller. I’m working with a repeating buyer, this is our fourth order together, the first three went well and without problems but he always was not very communicative, the orders went well because I usually hit the spot at the first version of the order.
My gig is about music production or beat remakes, the buyer can send me a beat and I’ll try to recreate it for it’s purposes. I usualy have very good reviews because I put a lot of effort into the orders, and this client always went happy with my works but today is making me stress a lot. He sent me a beat yesterday and asked me for a remake but avoiding copyright (this means I have to change vital parts of the song to avoid the automated copystrike youtube or any other platform system), I said yes, the beat was pretty easy to be honest, not too complex.
I sent him a first version and he replied this:
I asked him to be more specific, I explained to him that he requested me to avoid copyright so I had to make some changes, he didn’t answer quickly so I just made another version without any melodic change (all the melodies from the original were copied note by note, nothing was off) and then he said this to me:
I recognize that I answered a little pissed off, but really I was losing patience. He’s not even trying to explain what he wants, the beat I made is like a 90% as close as the original. That remaining 10% is because I don’t have the exact same sounds the original have but I tried my best to recreate everything and it really sounds super close to the original, at the end it’s a remake, it’s not an exact copy. So I’m super pissed off right now because he takes like 5 hours to answer a single message and don’t even try or effort into explain what he wants he just throw random words like “it’s not tuned” (my remake has same pitch, chord progression and notes) or “i want the same original sound” (almost impossible unless he knows which tools/samples the original producer used and can provide them to me, after all I’m not a proffesional sound designer) and then just saying that the effects were wrong… Really I don’t know what he wants, I might just cancel the order even if that affects my completion rate and my profile. I just needed to say this to someone and thought this forum would be a good option so I hope you understand me. Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading.
P.S: I need to clarify that between the first version and his last messages I sent him a lot of short demos of different sounds I was changing to make them as close as the original ones but he seems to ignore all of that, he just kept repeating “i want the original sound :)”.