Unfair experience with a buyer, what do I do?

I created a gig saying that I would transcribe a document and in my instructions all I asked for was a clear scan. The buyer ordered my services and then sent a completely unreadable scan. No one else in my home could make out what it said either. I tried many times to contact the buyer before my time was up and he never replied. After the order date was over, he cancelled the order and then left me a negative rating which greatly impacted my overall rating. The way I was treated here was entirely unfair as I stated outright that the scans MUST be clear and they weren’t. This man did not hold up his end of the deal by providing a clear scan and never replied to me. Please tell me there is something I can do? There doesn’t seem to be an option to contact him directly anymore and I’m not sure where to go from here. :frowning:

The buyer did not leave you any feedback. Your non-delivery gets an AUTOMATIC “Cancelled order. Seller failed to deliver” message when the buyer cancels after the time is up. Like stated above, do not allow the gig to go beyond the time set up for it. Even if the buyer is unresponsive. A mutual cancellation is much better than a buyer’s cancellation.