Fiverr Forum

Unhappy Customer - Resume

So I paid for my first resume. I choose someone with 5 stars, has multiple reviews. I had a resume I thought was ok but hoped an experts could give it a pop. What I got was crap.

First of, its visually unappealing. First sentence has punctuation error. 5th line he has the word “asses.” Then he says something about “Multicultural” that sounds like I am saying I am not a racist. Who makes a two page resume? I am not even going to mention the CV but just know its full of nonsense.

So my question is, what do I do. Do I slam this person for handing me something so poorly written and let others know? I suspect this person is not who they say they are and thats fraudulent to me. I also don’t want to ask for revisions because it would take 10x as long than starting again.

What would you do?

4 Likes

Slamming bad sellers/buyers is not allowed here.

I suggest you leave him 1 star review ( if the resume is cr*p, as you say) and find more genuine seller who can complete your job.

Take your time and conduct a research, there are plenty of great resume writers.

2 Likes

You can talk about your experience in this category as long as long as you do not name anyone on the forum. You can cancel the order or decide to leave a review instead to warn others.

8 Likes

Your seller wasn’t wrong there. Today, everyone is obsessed with diversity and multiculturalism, you can have perfect SAT scores but you won’t get into the college of your choice unless you can prove your diversity/multiculturalism. It’s the same with employment, people value that nonsense.

Just look at the Superbowl commercials! What a diversity disaster, you had the Chevy Silverado people using a speech by Martin Luther King, Jr. Then you had a Coca-Cola commercial with a wide variety of people that only have the Coke in common. Some spot even had disabled kids for some reason.

This is the world we’re living in, so if you’re multicultural, keep it.

If you have a lot of experience and jobs in your resume, it might take two pages. Personally, I prefer one page, with 3 accomplishments for each job.

If it that was bad, you can request a refund and hire someone else, click “visit resolution center.” Or you can review his gig. Besides, it’s not fraud if other people like his work, it’s only fraud if he’s selling something he can’t do.

3 Likes

@lloydsolutions has given you good advice.

Now that it is out of the way, I need know - what was the context of this:

7 Likes

Well If I was the “Donkey Whisperer,” it would make sense. This is his line… “Good listening skill to asses and resolve clients’ problems with tact and diplomacy”

Now I claim to be a good writer and perhaps Oxford and Stanford graduate knows better, but I expected better than this. But I am not a “resume expert.”

4 Likes

damn Asses!! probably did it in a hurry.

Remember gig has 5* rating, why don’t you request a revision, and if its still terrible, cancel order?

1 Like

This tells you me don’t know an awful lot about resume writing.

You’re welcome to send the before/after versions to me, and I’ll give you honest, free advice about what I think.

1 Like

I like your sense of humor! :slightly_smiling_face:

I have seen this a lot, over the years. One client even took a dig at me for replacing “asses” in his resume with the correct word, i:e “assess”. But, he immediately apologized after a good 10 minutes of back and forth messaging.
In my opinion, the seller is either a reseller or just a newbie with manipulated reviews.
Now, for the matter at hand, @apatron, I would advise you to go with the course of action suggested by the previous contributors. Politely request a refund or leave an honest review, if the seller declines.
Good luck!

1 Like

So you have good ears to detect if one of your future colleagues just farted, lol.

3 Likes

A million hearts! :revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

LOL I think I have walked into a Monty Python episode…

1 Like

I appreciate the explanation. Seriously, I am not trying to be a jerk. If it was one or even a few grammar and punctuation errors, I get it. But If i can spot a dozen errors, I am afraid of what I am not seeing and the recruiter will find.

Refund is one thing. Not having the writing skills of a novelist is ok too. But I don’t like fraud. Claiming things they obviously are not. The person claims to have graduated from Stanford and Oxford. I should post some of the text for you all to tell me your opinions.

1 Like

Based on these four things I would ask for a refund. Using the word “asses” alone shows this is not a real resume, but a joke. (Unless there is the experience in your resume of actually working with mules and donkeys.)

1 Like

You are allowed to post some of the text from it as long as you don’t give the name. I would like to see it.

Thank you. I just don’t want to be rude. But I feel ripped off. And I can’t believe any of the other people have not complained. They have a 5 star rating. I guess people are just nice like me and don’t want to be rude.

It’s not rude to post it. After all, it was going to be used to give to potential employers so it’s not like it’s private.

I can’t imagine handing a resume to an employer with that word in it. :smile:

I sincerely do not doubt your viewpoint. If you paid for something, it is your right to get it as promised. A resume, being a crucial and decisive part of the recruitment process, should be flawless and as concise as possible. It is good being nice to the others, but money doesn’t grow on trees. I think you should not let this go without putting up a fight. If you believe that the seller lied in their credentials, do report them to the Fiverr CS. They are pretty quick in acting against sellers who employ deceit as a means to gain business.
As for the delivery, request a refund with clear proofs. There is a fair chance that the seller will refund if they realize that the only way to keep their money is by taking a hit on their ratings.
Moreover, it is perfectly fine to share the text, as long as it doesn’t have the seller’s username or a link to their profile in it.

There are many sellers here with 5 star reviews that produce horrible work - some even have hundreds of reviews. I used to wonder how it was possible but I quit wondering. I researched it on google and found many informative information on how this could happen on 5r.

I recommend you do the same.

I have bought hundreds of writing/proofing gigs from articles to stories to bios - never a resume but at least a 1/3 of what I get is pure garbage. The good news is at least 1/3 are truly fantastic! The rest are average.

7 Likes