Unlimited Revision is ruining my life!

parijatdutt

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to what others have said, it’s best to clearly define what is considered a revision, and what would require purchasing additional services.

Also, offering unlimited revisions plus delivery within 2-3 hours is just an invitation for trouble, can make you look desperate, and can make good buyers look for someone who seems more realistic and more confident in their abilities.

In addition to what others have said, it’s best to clearly define what is considered a revision, and what would require purchasing additional services.

Also, offering unlimited revisions plus delivery within 2-3 hours is just an invitation for trouble, can make you look desperate, and can make good buyers look for someone who seems more realistic and more confident in their abilities.

offering unlimited revisions plus delivery within 2-3 hours is just an invitation for trouble, can make you look desperate

It is also an invitation to bad buyers to take advantage of a newer, inexperienced seller. This is exactly what buyers who want to cause trouble look for.

You are still offering unlimited revisions on your gigs as I can see, therefore prayers won’t help. If you don’t fix the things that got you into trouble you cannot expect to have a better life. 🙂

At least I hope this serve as a warning for others. If you are asking for troubles with unlimited revisions, you will get them!

Unlimited revisions are important if you are a new seller, do not advice people to turn off unlimited revisions before they start selling. Every beginning is hard, I understand, unlimited revisions and small price is bad for every seller. But if is that a price for success, you must pay it. After some time, when you get active orders, you can change your offers and turn off unlimited revisions. But if u are active seller and you still offering unlimited revisions, that is big mistake.

Unlimited revisions are important if you are a new seller, do not advice people to turn off unlimited revisions before they start selling. Every beginning is hard, I understand, unlimited revisions and small price is bad for every seller. But if is that a price for success, you must pay it. After some time, when you get active orders, you can change your offers and turn off unlimited revisions. But if u are active seller and you still offering unlimited revisions, that is big mistake.

@stefanmdesigns I agree with you to some degree, but I highly think that it depends on the type of service offered. For example if it’s something really straight forward like for me PDF editing, it’s possible that you miss certain details and since it’s on you - you must provide the revisions until it’s 100% perfect - if you want the buyer to leave with a positive review. However, there are cases when clients keep changing their mind about what their desired result is, which is why I would suggest being really clear with what the revisions will include - if offering unlimited revisions, as they might ask you to re-do everything because they simply have a new idea and therefore their instructions. This can result in an endless journey and you never know if they will be satisfied or might ask to cancel the order in the end… Been there, done that in the past with some of the gigs I had. 🙂

@stefanmdesigns I agree with you to some degree, but I highly think that it depends on the type of service offered. For example if it’s something really straight forward like for me PDF editing, it’s possible that you miss certain details and since it’s on you - you must provide the revisions until it’s 100% perfect - if you want the buyer to leave with a positive review. However, there are cases when clients keep changing their mind about what their desired result is, which is why I would suggest being really clear with what the revisions will include - if offering unlimited revisions, as they might ask you to re-do everything because they simply have a new idea and therefore their instructions. This can result in an endless journey and you never know if they will be satisfied or might ask to cancel the order in the end… Been there, done that in the past with some of the gigs I had. 🙂

Yes u can offer unlimited revisions but there you can tell buyers in description, which and how buyers can use unlimited revisions. I have unlimited revisions in my gigs, but in FAQ information I create notice how buyers can use it. My buyers can use unlimited revisions on logo which I already made not for new logo design.

Yes u can offer unlimited revisions but there you can tell buyers in description, which and how buyers can use unlimited revisions. I have unlimited revisions in my gigs, but in FAQ information I create notice how buyers can use it. My buyers can use unlimited revisions on logo which I already made not for new logo design.

Too many tips here. Following carefully.

Actually, this is not the best advice. If you start wrong, you’ll end wrong. Your repeat clients will then wonder why they are not getting the same service. As mentioned by @misscrystal, sellers should be confident in their abilities otherwise they should go back to the drawing board and retrain (if possible) or seek to improve themselves before offering services.

Imagine going to a restaurant and the chicken you ordered is dry and hard and it takes the chef 10 times to get it right, what would you do? Is he really a chef? Would you come back? Aim to get it right the first time and allow revisions to be the last resort for either if the buyer wanted a small tweak or some miscommunication was present. Even if you are new, real valuable buyers will trust you and put confidence in you. Also as @misscrystal stated, sellers should have realistic turn around times.

Unlimited revisions are important if you are a new seller, do not advice people to turn off unlimited revisions before they start selling.

I’ve never offered unlimited revisions. I’ve only offered one, and it worked fine for me.

But if is that a price for success, you must pay it.

The thing is, it’s not a price for success. By offering unlimited revisions, sellers attract a certain type of buyers, which isn’t necessarily the kind of buyer they’d actually want to work with. To make things worse, the lowest possible price plus unlimited revisions are likely to put a bunch of good buyers off, because they associate that kind of offer with low quality (and, quite often, copyright infringement).

Unlimited revisions are important if you are a new seller, do not advice people to turn off unlimited revisions before they start selling.

I’ve never offered unlimited revisions. I’ve only offered one, and it worked fine for me.

But if is that a price for success, you must pay it.

The thing is, it’s not a price for success. By offering unlimited revisions, sellers attract a certain type of buyers, which isn’t necessarily the kind of buyer they’d actually want to work with. To make things worse, the lowest possible price plus unlimited revisions are likely to put a bunch of good buyers off, because they associate that kind of offer with low quality (and, quite often, copyright infringement).

There are situations when buyers look for unlimited revisions because they had bad experiences with sellers providing just one revision and very low quality, which is why they might see it as a safer option, making sure they can get a better result in the end. However, I think a safer option would be to limit them by 3 free revisions for the basic package and increase the number for the other packages. @parijatdutt - might be useful to test this until you feel like you are confident enough to only offer 1 free revision. 🙂

Actually, this is not the best advice. If you start wrong, you’ll end wrong. Your repeat clients will then wonder why they are not getting the same service. As mentioned by @misscrystal, sellers should be confident in their abilities otherwise they should go back to the drawing board and retrain (if possible) or seek to improve themselves before offering services.

Imagine going to a restaurant and the chicken you ordered is dry and hard and it takes the chef 10 times to get it right, what would you do? Is he really a chef? Would you come back? Aim to get it right the first time and allow revisions to be the last resort for either if the buyer wanted a small tweak or some miscommunication was present. Even if you are new, real valuable buyers will trust you and put confidence in you. Also as @misscrystal stated, sellers should have realistic turn around times.

Try to be buyer 5 minutes, what would you do…choose seller who offers unlimited revisions or 1-2? What if after 1-2 changes you are still not satisfied with design, what after that? For something you say, make sanse but for something not. But, every advice will be accepted. Thank you for your answer. @catwriter @anamariaedan @misscrystal

I will try with unlimited revisions and after some time I will try with limited revisions and I will see what is better. 🙂

Try to be buyer 5 minutes, what would you do…choose seller who offers unlimited revisions or 1-2? What if after 1-2 changes you are still not satisfied with design, what after that? For something you say, make sanse but for something not. But, every advice will be accepted. Thank you for your answer. @catwriter @anamariaedan @misscrystal

I will try with unlimited revisions and after some time I will try with limited revisions and I will see what is better. 🙂

choose seller who offers unlimited revisions or 1-2?

I would choose a seller who offers five or six. A new seller offering unlimited revisions looks desperate and inexperienced.

Archived