Unlimited revisions or not?

juliabackstrom

Of course not. I don’t understand why someone would think that’s a good idea. If you think that you’ll get more client with unlimited revisions then most likely you will attract only scammers or super difficult clients that don’t know what they want and might come back after a year for another revision and you will have to make it because unlimited is unlimited even if project marked as complete.

Also offering unlimited revision might come as unprofessional. I know what I’m doing and I’m fairly certain that my clients rarely will need more than 2 revisions because I’m professional in what I do.

Of course not. I don’t understand why someone would think that’s a good idea. If you think that you’ll get more client with unlimited revisions then most likely you will attract only scammers or super difficult clients that don’t know what they want and might come back after a year for another revision and you will have to make it because unlimited is unlimited even if project marked as complete.

Also offering unlimited revision might come as unprofessional. I know what I’m doing and I’m fairly certain that my clients rarely will need more than 2 revisions because I’m professional in what I do.

I agree, @mariashtelle1 - I’m beginning to suspect this is a cultural thing, maybe? When I see “unlimited revisions” it’s almost always on a non-US seller’s gig. I mean, I get it - you come onto Fiverr and see everyone else from your area doing it, you’re going to think it’s standard and you want to stay competitive. You and I both know, however, it never shakes out that way.

@juliabackstrom, take the advice of a damn-near-Level 2 seller - don’t do unlimited revisions. Maria’s right, it undermines the way you appear to buyers, like you aren’t confident in your work. Even with my extensive experience both on and off platform, I get at least two people a day trying to take advantage of me - free work, discounts, outright fraud, you name it. If you don’t put down boundaries (e.g. a strict number of revisions, ideally 2 or even 1), you can expect a lot of the clients that find your gig to treat you like a doormat. Draw the line, and if they try to cross or move it, tell them you’re not interested in working with them, period.

Hello @mariashtelle1,

Let me confirm this, are you sure buyer can come up with revision again on the same order even after one year on completion? Unlimited revision means like this?

If it is like this, please clear this I am not aware with this and was thinking unlimited revision is only for within the period of order (unless it mark as completed).

But, this is something new for me, buyer can come up for revision after the year too. It’s seriously strange! But if it is like this, please clear it I will be very thankful to you.

Highly appreciated for sharing this most important part!

Hello @mariashtelle1,

Let me confirm this, are you sure buyer can come up with revision again on the same order even after one year on completion? Unlimited revision means like this?

If it is like this, please clear this I am not aware with this and was thinking unlimited revision is only for within the period of order (unless it mark as completed).

But, this is something new for me, buyer can come up for revision after the year too. It’s seriously strange! But if it is like this, please clear it I will be very thankful to you.

Highly appreciated for sharing this most important part!

Hey @sarmadrizvi24 - not sure if Maria’s on, but as an American I can answer. “Unlimited” literally means “without limits” - while a reasonable, logical person would think that means within the confines of the order, it can technically be read as “forever,” even after the job closes. Granted, once the client leaves a review there’s not much they can do if you decide not to do any more reviews, but I’ve heard of jobs getting reversed/refunded after the fact for just this reason. Customer service is always going to side with the buyer, because that’s where Fiverr makes their money.

Even if revisions really are “unlimited” within the confines of an order, a bad client can drag out a project forever by just requesting revision after revision. Only accepting 1 or 2 revisions gives you some protection and, as we say “a leg to stand on” if the client tries to make trouble. You can do 3 revisions, 4 revisions, etc, but you’re only responsible for the number you stated in your gig, in Fiverr’s eyes. When you put “unlimited,” you kind of hurt yourself and invite bad clients to take advantage of you.

Hey @sarmadrizvi24 - not sure if Maria’s on, but as an American I can answer. “Unlimited” literally means “without limits” - while a reasonable, logical person would think that means within the confines of the order, it can technically be read as “forever,” even after the job closes. Granted, once the client leaves a review there’s not much they can do if you decide not to do any more reviews, but I’ve heard of jobs getting reversed/refunded after the fact for just this reason. Customer service is always going to side with the buyer, because that’s where Fiverr makes their money.

Even if revisions really are “unlimited” within the confines of an order, a bad client can drag out a project forever by just requesting revision after revision. Only accepting 1 or 2 revisions gives you some protection and, as we say “a leg to stand on” if the client tries to make trouble. You can do 3 revisions, 4 revisions, etc, but you’re only responsible for the number you stated in your gig, in Fiverr’s eyes. When you put “unlimited,” you kind of hurt yourself and invite bad clients to take advantage of you.

Hello @thatwordchick,

Thanks alot for clearing this. I was seriously not aware with that and also I am a part of fiverr from last 2.5 years. Thank GOD, I haven’t seen any kind of scammer throughout this period.

Really appreciating you for giving me a time and thanks alot @mariashtelle1 to you too for sharing this valuable information.

@thatwordchick, very well explained! 🙂

Hello @thatwordchick,

Thanks alot for clearing this. I was seriously not aware with that and also I am a part of fiverr from last 2.5 years. Thank GOD, I haven’t seen any kind of scammer throughout this period.

Really appreciating you for giving me a time and thanks alot @mariashtelle1 to you too for sharing this valuable information.

@thatwordchick, very well explained! 🙂

@sarmadrizvi24 Hey man, English is a thoroughly awful language. I’ve been speaking it for almost 40 years, I work with it every day, and it still confuses me! Feel free to drop me a DM if you ever need clarification on anything. 🙂

Hello @thatwordchick

I’m offering the services of website seo on Fiverr and also not in favor of unlimited revision but the fact which you have elaborated here are very helpful. I didn’t think in this way ever. Thanks for sharing.

In addition to limiting revisions, I would include a section in your FAQ about what is covered under your revision policy. Too many times clients want a complete redesign and I clearly state that it is not covered and is additional. You can’t make people read, but it gives you additional protection as a seller.

Archived