Fiverr Community Forum

Unpleasant buying experience

I had a horrible experience as a buyer for a branding gig that I paid for to get 7 unique names, domain availability, etc., and 3 logo designs in JPG, PNG, and PSD format.

12 hours later after the deadline I am provided with 6 names, not 7. They were not unique in the least bit. I googled them and they were already established business names. So I request to cancel and came up with a name of my own and contacted support that told me to wait another day because they can’t do anything about only being given 6 names instead of 7 since it wasn’t provided as a delivery? Whatever, so the I tried to cancel the order and I explain that I got my own name now and will like to cancel, the order is already 2 days late. The seller guilt tripped me claiming they get bad account status for canceled order and to let them know the name I came up with so they can do the logos, so I said ok fine. This morning, now 3 days late, the seller gives me only 2 logos instead of 3 and marked the order as delivered. Not even honoring the available revisions I’m allotted either… I also notice the seller literally just changed their gig offering as well just the day before to reduce the number of unique names and the number of logos as well as no PSD…basically a bait and switch, but the details on my order thankfully shows the old gig before it was changed so it should be honored regardless. So I contacted support to say I had enough with it to cancel and refund me, and still have not heard from support all day. I’m getting ready to just chargeback and file dispute with bank. This is just completely unacceptable.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

Please don’t go for the chargeback. I completely agree that the seller was an incompetent amateur, but a chargeback has potential consequences for you.

If the seller can’t meet what they agreed to, they have no room to complain or attempt to guilt-trip. They failed, they face the consequences, that’s life.

Did you try cancelling through the resolution center, through a ticket, or through email to CS?

1 Like

Resolution center, but it gave the seller ability to deny the cancel request so I submit a ticket.

Good. It’s written in the ToS that all sellers agree to, that services are to match quality of samples. Sadly, Fiverr draws in a lot of fakers and scammers, and plain clueless mess-makers, because of the low barrier to entry.

Did you talk to the seller before placing the order? I’m well aware Fiverr presents itself in a way that makes finding pros look easy, but the truth is ‘Sturgeon’s Law’.

1 Like

Hi, Sorry for the trouble.
The support team normally takes up to 12 hours to respond, but with this covid situation, it will take up to 48 hours. If you go with the chargeback from the bank, Fiverr will flag your transaction as a fraud chargeback. Read about chargeback and seller protection here. And maybe it will disable your account as well.

So the best option is to wait for the support team’s response. They will assist

But in the meantime I only have like 3 days before it automatically accepts the delivery?

Put in for a revision, and it will reset the 3-day wait. You will have to list the changes you want to see made, though.

ToS:

• Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.
3 Likes

That’s the best option for now.

1 Like