Fiverr Forum

Unreasonable Individuals

What’s up community? I hope all is well. I haven’t posted in the Ranting Pot for a while but today, today is a glorious day! Yes, it is the day I receive my first 1 star review. Why I am I glorying this? Why would anyone want to glorify a 1 star? Well simply put, it is because it is the day I decided to take a hit for my worth. What do I mean by that?

Here’s the story, a buyer purchases one of my services without contacting me, without leaving any instructions whatsoever but provided the file to work with. The service I provide in this instance, was logo animation. I carried out the order within due time and provided two iterations of the animation, the buyer then requests a modification after delivery stating that they are unsatisfied and wanted more (along the lines that I don’t provide), not giving into this I explained that it wasn’t possible and offered a solution, the solution wasn’t taken up but instead to ask for a modification again and request another item outside of the service, I sent back another message and mentioned with what the person presented, this was what was possible (knowing I could just refund the individual and get them off my back , I decided (knowing I would get a 1 star) to stand my ground and not be bullied) alas, the review came in, and although it sucks to have a 1 star review on your over 1000 4-5 star reviews, it pleases me to know that I did not give in to the demands!

What say you community? What is your take? Would you have stuck to your guns or would you have offered a refund to keep your rep’? In the end, I was tired of those who believe they can get pressure you because of the review system.

Apparently, I am falsely advertising? I don’t think the 1000+ customers believe that and I’m sure future customers won’t either!

All the best community, and remember:

“You can’t please everyone, nor should you seek to, because then you won’t please anyone, least of all yourself.” -

Dylan Moran

Well I applaud you for sticking to your guns. If you have all those good reviews, one out of thousand shouldn’t be too bad. I hop you wrote the reason in their feedback too. Whenever I see low stars or reviews I like to see what the seller wrote about the buyer, usually because like you they were unreasonable with them and I tend not to let those 1 stars affect me buying from that seller.

I usually cancel the order if I think buyer is not happy, specially if it is of $5 only but sometimes we all decide to do it differently. I had similar experience, buyer asked for extra services without paying for it and I told buyer that it will cost him extra. He left a bad review.

As we know leaving bad review for personal taste is against fiverr’s ToS, all I did was contacted fiverr team. Explained everything and you know what - they removed it for me as buyer violated their ToS. So, I will suggest you to take help of fiverr! :slight_smile:

I don’t think that one review will affect you at all. If I was you, I would write a response to the buyers review.