Unresponsive client ordered without instructions - made me lose level 1 status

drawinglife

Dear Fiverr community,

I saw that I just lost my level 1 badge for a totally unfair reason.
A client ordered a gig last week and didn’t give me enough instructions for me to start the order. I replied 3 times, he didn’t answer. I then ask for more days to do the gig, he didn’t answer. I asked for a cancellation because I simply didn’t know what to do with this order.
I wanted to do the order but I didn’t know exactly what the client wanted.
I don’t think it is fair that fiverr takes down my level status due to an unresponsive client. It is not the seller’s fault AT ALL.
This means anyone can come to fiverr and ruin a seller’s reputation for no reason!
What can I do in this situation?

Thank you,
Catarina

Going through a similar issue. It appears that Fiverr has a preference for punishing a seller’s rating whenever anything has gone wrong in the order – even if it’s entirely the buyer’s fault. Currently contacting Fiverr support has been a massive waste of time; 4 days after my initial request all I’ve gotten was one sentence responses of “Read the guidelines” and then “Reread the guidelines.” It looks like the site just doesn’t value sellers or support, unfortunately.

This is indeed a problem. It is up to sellers to put on their thinking caps and find a solution so this does not happen.

If there is any way possible to make a delivery then do it. Do not wait for an unresponsive client. You need to have it clear in your gig description that if no information is given when you request it, you will deliver something to the best of your ability.

If you don’t figure out how to handle this so you have something to deliver an unresponsive client it will keep happening.

Usually it also means your price is so low that they don’t care about what they ordered and choose to forget about it. At least having a price of $15 or more may help solve this problem.

One thing is for sure: if you don’t do something about it, it is going to keep happening.

This is indeed a problem. It is up to sellers to put on their thinking caps and find a solution so this does not happen.

If there is any way possible to make a delivery then do it. Do not wait for an unresponsive client. You need to have it clear in your gig description that if no information is given when you request it, you will deliver something to the best of your ability.

If you don’t figure out how to handle this so you have something to deliver an unresponsive client it will keep happening.

Usually it also means your price is so low that they don’t care about what they ordered and choose to forget about it. At least having a price of $15 or more may help solve this problem.

One thing is for sure: if you don’t do something about it, it is going to keep happening.

It was a 35$ order.

If I knew cancelling would give me this, I would have sent an image saying “need more information”.

Still, I cancelled because there was a risk client would not like it and instead give me bad feedback (which I think is worse), so I cancelled.

But maybe the idea of the picture was better.

It was a 35$ order.

If I knew cancelling would give me this, I would have sent an image saying “need more information”.

Still, I cancelled because there was a risk client would not like it and instead give me bad feedback (which I think is worse), so I cancelled.

But maybe the idea of the picture was better.

I’m sorry this happened to you!

Some sellers have a short questionaire in the requirements section with a series of questions they must answer.

Archived