Fiverr Forum

Update Terms of Service

I have seen that there are a few other people in the same trouble I am. My status and level was droped because I mentioned a website on the message system. I would like to suggest that Fivrr.com updates it’s terms of service to be less ambigious and tell us exactly what we can and can not do. It never states that you can’t share websites in the terms of service, only that you cannot take business away from Fiverr (something Fiverr did on its own by droping my status).

Please define, in exact terms what you do and do not want us to do. Don’t take away everything for a first offense. And have better education on this.

Remember Fiverr, we (the gig fulfillers) are your customers too. We give you 1/5 of what we do. Support us too!

Wow thats scary… They should atleast say what websites are allowed and not

Reply to @arnevb: Yeah, me too. My clients also buy profiles on my website. I need to tell them where their profiles are located.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: What’s the “OP”?

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I agree that our mentioning of a website should not be grounds for dropping levels. We’re not employees of AT&T distributing proprietary date.

Some of us sellers need to give URLs out. I sell 2 Fiverr gigs where my buyers purchase profiles on my website. I cannot sell the gigs without them, but they also in no way take business away from Fiverr.

A better thing for Fiverr to do would be to display a pink box like they do when you mention an email address or phone number. That works well to deter sellers from giving out that information, so why not show the pink box for anything that causes a seller’s level to drop?

I can’t find anything in the TOS prohibiting the transmission of URL’s through the messaging system. With exception, if it were a direct attempt to communicate outside of Fiverr, a violation may be interpreted under the Staying Out Of Trouble section.

"To protect our users’ privacy, user identities should be kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details (Other than your name) is not permitted. All communications, information and files exchange must be performed exclusively using Fiverr’s messaging system."

If this was not the case, I don’t see where the TOS was violated.

“OP” means Opening Post / Opening poster

@marieknight glad to see you got your level back

Reply to @arnevb: Yeah, me too. My clients also buy profiles on my website. I need to tell them where their profiles are located.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I agree that our mentioning of a website should not be grounds for dropping levels. We’re not employees of AT&T distributing proprietary date.

Some of us sellers need to give URLs out. I sell 2 Fiverr gigs where my buyers purchase profiles on my website. I cannot sell the gigs without them, but they also in no way take business away from Fiverr.

A better thing for Fiverr to do would be to display a pink box like they do when you mention an email address or phone number. That works well to deter sellers from giving out that information, so why not show the pink box for anything that causes a seller’s level to drop?

I can’t find anything in the TOS prohibiting the transmission of URL’s through the messaging system. With exception, if it were a direct attempt to communicate outside of Fiverr, a violation may be interpreted under the Staying Out Of Trouble section.

"To protect our users’ privacy, user identities should be kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details (Other than your name) is not permitted. All communications, information and files exchange must be performed exclusively using Fiverr’s messaging system."

If this was not the case, I don’t see where the TOS was violated.

“OP” means Opening Post / Opening poster

@marieknight glad to see you got your level back