Fiverr Community Forum

Upload bugs in gallery

Hi,

I am a software tester. Can I upload pictures of different bugs I have found in portfolio? I mean to say overall, not just the projects I received on Fiverr.

Thanks

2 Likes

If you have permission to show the software as an example.

As for pictures, a video might be better. It’s one thing to see a bug, it’s another to show the consequences of how a bug can mess things up. Remember that you’re (probably) marketing to people who don’t know how to identify bugs, and thus you need to simplify the problem for them.

2 Likes

I agree you’d need the permission of whoever owns the rights to the software.

You could create your own example software with bugs in it to demonstrate as long as it showed in the images/video that it was just an example/mock-up to show the process (ie. that it wasn’t software you’d been asked to test).

so what if I skip the logo and company’s name?

1 Like

Surely the screen designs and any text/images shown in the software displays will belong (be copyrighted/trademarked) to the company/person that created them. The code will belong to them too. So I don’t think you can use their work without their permission.

Maybe if it was open source software? But creating your own demo software with bugs might be easiest (ie. no issues with rights - though it might depend what it was written in).

yeah but those are reported by me, on some other freelancing platform.

1 Like

You could just ask their permission. There’s also client confidentially as well as copyright/trademark rights. eg. Fiverr’s terms of service says:

Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Buyer

So that might include showing the software they gave to you in your images/video without their permission too. Other freelance sites might have similar things.

So I think it would be best to either get their permission or create your own mock-up examples that you can use in images/video.

1 Like