Uptick in Phishing scams

usmanghani31

Hi,

I hope you guyz are doing well. I just received a message from “*****” that I have been selected for Fiverr Giveaway Claiming Program. But they don’t know that fiverr using doesn’t using their old black logo. They are hackers who are trying to steal your login details. If you receive such kind of messages on fiverr and email, don’t open the link. When you open the link, a hidden software will installed on your system without informing you. And the open link show nothing. When you next time open fiverr or your paypal/payoneer account, they can get your login details of fiverr, paypal/payoneer and they will steal all your money. So be aware from hackers.
When you receive such kind of messages, contact customer support first.
Attached the screenshot.

Your answers are always welcome. 🙂

Cheers,

Usman

PROTIP: ALWAYS OPEN ALL URLS IN SEPARATE BROWSER WINDOWS IN INCOGNITO/PRIVATE MODE EVEN IF YOU KNOW THE URL IS CORRECT AND AUTHENTIC.

My nature of work is that almost all buyers send me files to work with so I open them all in private mode. I have had a couple of messages that sent me files to edit. As soon the URL opened, it redirected to fiverr payout (don’t exactly remember what else it had) and immediately blocked the user.

Anyone who’s reading this, beware. Its your hard earned money. Protect it.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,
I just received this message from a user pretending that he is an admin on fiverr saying:

"
Dear kha1ed,

Congratulations! We have see your success on our Fiverr site and happy to inform you have been selected to our Fiverr Giveaway program. You can claim your free bonus $50 here,

[ he gave me the link here!]

Once you have complete this step, your reward price will be added to your account balance.

Regards,
Mark D.
Head of Fiverr Community.
"
When I opened the link, there is a designed page very similar to fiverr website asking for my credentials. Obviously, this is a hacker who wants to steal some users accounts!
I contacted the customer support to block the user and do the necessary. I know most of you will be aware of such things, but this post for those who did not face such hacking trials before.
Please be aware and watch out from these guys!

Fiverr website will NEVER ASK FOR YOUR USER AND PASSWORD!!!
If you received this message and provided them with your info, you need to contact the customer support and change your password as well!

Cheers!

Wow, that is actually a decently made site. Sadly, they were stupid enough to ask for the security question answer… that is the biggest red flag anyone can ever make.

Sadly, they were stupid enough to ask for the security question answer

Heck, I don’t even remember what my security question was, so how would I know the answer? 😃 I have different security questions on different sites… that scam of a clone site is unbelievable!

On 9/26/2017 at 1:28 AM, lucycodex said:

Wow, that is actually a decently made site. Sadly, they were stupid enough to ask for the security question answer… that is the biggest red flag anyone can ever make.

Yes! I mean if they have such design ability they would have made a lot of money here on fiverr lol

On 9/26/2017 at 1:29 AM, woofy31 said:

Heck, I don’t even remember what my security question was, so how would I know the answer? 😃 I have different security questions on different sites… that scam of a clone site is unbelievable!

The have some English mistakes as well :rofl:

Oh not again. Once I lost $32. I received a fake email (At that time I didn’t know that was fake as the Hacker used exact Fiverr logo, fonts & the template) saying “click here to receive Fiverr notifications to your mobile”. I was new to Fiverr as it was just my 2nd month & didn’t know that I should check that with CS or at least with Forum people. I thought that email was from Fiverr & I clicked that link. 💣

On 9/26/2017 at 2:21 AM, angelwish said:

Oh not again. Once I lost $32. I received a fake email (At that time I didn’t know that was fake as the Hacker used exact Fiverr logo, fonts & the template) saying “click here to receive Fiverr notifications to your mobile”. I was new to Fiverr as it was just my 2nd month & didn’t know that I should check that with CS or at least with Forum people. I thought that email was from Fiverr & I clicked that link. 💣

I am so sorry to hear that! Now you know and you need to watch out 😉

Hello everyone,
I want to take this post to remind everyone to never click on a random link in a Fiverr message from a buyer or seller you do not know. Be aware of google, bitly and other link shorteners that could potentially open you up to scammers taking your login information. If you ever have a question about a link, please take the time to send a request to support and we can verify for you.

Guest excelassist

Thanks for this message, Everyone should be concern about this issue.
i can remember i got an link which embed with an exe file. Thats very dangerous i guess

On 9/27/2017 at 12:59 AM, ashusing said:

By mistake i gave the information they needed and then changed my password and security question. Although there was not even a penny in there :rofl: but still I am concerned and contacted customer support

well is not always about money involved in phising thing. they sometimes use data for inappropriate action like misused it for example thats what we avoid for . change passwd is good thing 🙂 to do

On 9/27/2017 at 1:01 AM, planetpernik said:

well is not always about money involved in phising thing. they sometimes use data for inappropriate action like misused it for example thats what we avoid for . change passwd is good thing 🙂 to do

Ooooh i changed the password and all lets see what happens now…

Wouldn’t it hurt seller’s response rate to wait for confirmation from CS?

On 9/27/2017 at 4:34 AM, sajedulshawon1 said:
just received a spam message 😔

They even use Fiverr Logo and using Fiverr Reward Program to entice victim? Wow… I know it’s not allow to share the sender identity, but I thank you for sharing this.

Archived