URGENT changes asked 2 months after completion

komdee

I want to maintain my business fair and square. I like returning clients so i always make unlimited changes even long after order is completed.

However, I have one scenario where i completed order in July and made required changes even after client completed order and he was very happy. Now after 2 months he came back for changes. I never said no for changes but i was unavailable due to other commitment so just asked to wait few days. Changes he needed were time consuming and he also needed them urgently in 4-5 days while I even closed all extra fast delivery option & set new order delivery time to 10 days. Now he started saying I promised unlimited changes and threatened that he will change review and complain to fiverr and all.

How much you have pushed yourself as seller and what fiverr suggest seller to do in such scenario? 🙂

• Like 11

I want to maintain my business fair and square. I like returning clients so i always make unlimited changes even long after order is completed.

However, I have one scenario where i completed order in July and made required changes even after client completed order and he was very happy. Now after 2 months he came back for changes. I never said no for changes but i was unavailable due to other commitment so just asked to wait few days. Changes he needed were time consuming and he also needed them urgently in 4-5 days while I even closed all extra fast delivery option & set new order delivery time to 10 days. Now he started saying I promised unlimited changes and threatened that he will change review and complain to fiverr and all.

How much you have pushed yourself as seller and what fiverr suggest seller to do in such scenario? 🙂

If you offer unlimited revisions, Customer Support will side with the buyer requesting them even after the order was closed.

How much you have pushed yourself as seller

I try not to push myself, and I wouldn’t offer unlimited revisions for any reason. That’s trouble waiting to happen.

• Like 8

If you offer unlimited revisions, Customer Support will side with the buyer requesting them even after the order was closed.

I try not to push myself, and I wouldn’t offer unlimited revisions for any reason. That’s trouble waiting to happen.

Dont you think unlimited changes are till order is finalized and not after 2months when buyer change his point of view and ask for complete new design?

• Like 7

Dont you think unlimited changes are till order is finalized and not after 2months when buyer change his point of view and ask for complete new design?

Dont you think unlimited changes are till order is finalized

It doesn’t matter what I think. I don’t make the decision.

not after 2months when buyer change his point of view and ask for complete new design

Do you have a clear definition of the revisions you’re willing to do either in the gig description or the gig FAQ? Some explanation what you will do as a part of revision, and what would require a new order? While I agree that demanding a new design isn’t asking for a revision, but asking for something completely new, again, I don’t make the decision, and CS might tell you that you have to keep working on the order until the buyer is fully satisfied, because you promised unlimited revisions.

• Like 9

Dont you think unlimited changes are till order is finalized

It doesn’t matter what I think. I don’t make the decision.

not after 2months when buyer change his point of view and ask for complete new design

Do you have a clear definition of the revisions you’re willing to do either in the gig description or the gig FAQ? Some explanation what you will do as a part of revision, and what would require a new order? While I agree that demanding a new design isn’t asking for a revision, but asking for something completely new, again, I don’t make the decision, and CS might tell you that you have to keep working on the order until the buyer is fully satisfied, because you promised unlimited revisions.

I have no issue with changes. All i asked is time and he behaved rudely. Let’s see. How customer centric fiverr is 🙂

• Like 7

Ain’t unlimited revisions applicable for the time until order closed and we deliver ?

Anyways, I do changes if someone comes back and i am free.

• Like 7

Ain’t unlimited revisions applicable for the time until order closed and we deliver ?

Yes we do the same as we need clients to come back for more and spread good word. But when he becomes stubborn about timing and don’t respect your prior commitment. I don’t think that’s professional.

• Like 6

That’s how it should be, but I’ve read about cases when CS sided with the buyer demanding additional revisions even though the order was already marked as complete.

That’s just one of the reasons why offering unlimited revisions is a bad idea.

we need clients to come back for more and spread good word.

Do you want people who will come back months later and demand additional work at no extra cost, though?

• Like 7

That’s how it should be, but I’ve read about cases when CS sided with the buyer demanding additional revisions even though the order was already marked as complete.

That’s just one of the reasons why offering unlimited revisions is a bad idea.

we need clients to come back for more and spread good word.

Do you want people who will come back months later and demand additional work at no extra cost, though?

lol i am fine with it. I do so and not all client misuse this option. It brings trust in them and many times they themselves ask to charge extra for extra changes. I offer only premium services at premium price so till now my experience was very good in this term as i got very professional clients. This was my first bad experience where i am fine with changes but not with buyer not being ready to accept extra time and threatening me 🙂

• Like 6

• 3 years later...
On 9/26/2018 at 8:47 PM, komdee said:

How much you have pushed yourself as seller and what fiverr suggest seller to do in such a scenario? 🙂

Say them unlimited revisions are available only before the completion of an order. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, waseemmalik0 said:

My response is for other sellers who are in a similar situation and may read this post.

And it’s incorrect because if there is a dispute fiverr CS will side with a buyer even after order completion because in their eyes unlimited is unlimited. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

And it’s incorrect because if there is a dispute Fiverr CS will side with a buyer even after order completion. After all, in their eyes unlimited is unlimited. 

That's a risk with unlimited revisions. But in most cases, buyers will back off when sellers show some confidence and stand their ground. 

Otherwise, the sellers can work like slaves if they are afraid to lose money.

Edited by waseemmalik0
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, waseemmalik0 said:

Otherwise, the sellers can work like slaves if they are afraid to lose money.

If you don’t want to work as a slave why do you even offer unlimited revisions? 
Plus unlimited revisions might seem like incompetence and that you are not sure of your abilities.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

If you don’t want to work as a slave why do you even offer unlimited revisions? 
Plus unlimited revisions might seem like incompetence and that you are not sure of your abilities.

That's what I am saying to not offer unlimited revisions. But even someone is offering unlimited revisions they should try to stand their ground against pushy buyers who come back months later expecting a free service from seller.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, waseemmalik0 said:

But even someone is offering unlimited revisions they should try to stand their ground against pushy buyers who come back months later expecting a free service from seller.

Some try that. Then the buyer complains to CS. Then the seller comes to the forum to ask for help because their gig is nowhere in search and they've stopped getting orders. For months.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, catwriter said:

Some try that. Then the buyer complains to CS. Then the seller comes to the forum to ask for help because their gig is nowhere in search and they've stopped getting orders. For months.

Usually, these sellers do not have good communication skills. Simply a diplomatic approach will help. 

For example:

"Hi, currently I am overwhelmed with other freelance projects and personal responsibilities. Please come back to me 3 weeks later and then I would love to help you"

Most buyers are not going to wait for 3 weeks. They will simply hire any other freelancer for the required job/changes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, waseemmalik0 said:

Hi, currently I am overwhelmed with other freelance projects and personal responsibilities. Please come back to me 3 weeks later and then I would love to help you"

😬 that’s not a diplomatic approach. You are just again promising something that you have no intention of doing….

• Like 7
  • Haha 1