Fiverr Community Forum

Urgent Feedback needed

Please let me know, whether it is permissible or not to share my telegram number to a buyer? I have just received a message from a buyer and he / she asked me for my telegram number so that he / she can send me an android app (which is to be required to start the work).

10 Likes

No, it is not allowed to communicate outside of Fiverr. Communicating outside of Fiverr can lead to a warning.

From the ToS:

“To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.”

I suggest you read the Terms of Service here:
https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

7 Likes

Thank you for your kind feedback. I have already conveyed the same to the buyer, but he told me that he has no intention to break the rules of Fiverr and it is only for info. Then I have told him that just give me some time to read the Terms & Conditions of Fiverr whether it is permissible or not to share it with a buyer.

1 Like

Intention does not matter. The fact is that doing so WOULD be violating the ToS.

I am sure that there is another way of sharing an Android app that does not require your Telegram number.

3 Likes

Ok thanks a lot. Then it should be right to deny the buyer to give my personal information. I will deny the buyer to give my number.

2 Likes

Telling a buyer to wait you read the ToS may result really unprofessional. It is a sign that you are not aware of the rules of the platform you are using for selling and as a seller you should have read the ToS. My advice is to pay attention at what you write to your potential customers.

4 Likes

I have read the ToS, but he / she was asking that it is to be required for this job. Sometime back I have read an article in this Forum that, it may be required for some job like the creation of Visiting / Business Card etc. It has all the personal information of the buyers. That’s why I get confused. Anyway, thank you once again for your advice, I will keep it in my mind.

1 Like

Yes, you are completely right here. I got your point. For example my services require to know the email for the login credentials and I can’t work without that.

3 Likes

NO NO NO…you are breaking the TOS. Contact Fiverr CS and request first. They will contact the buyer and let you know whether communication can be done outside of Fiverr.

4 Likes

You can’t send any personal number using fiverr

3 Likes

Yes, but there are very few cases where it is necessary for a buyer to get YOUR information. And, this is not one of those cases. Also, you should ask Customer Support for permission if you believe it is necessary for you to communicate with a buyer outside of Fiverr.

When buyers ask for your personal information, you should be wary. They might be attempting to scam you.

The exception for business cards, etc., is not for communicating outside of Fiverr. In those cases, it is necessary to get the buyer’s personal info to create a viable product, for example, by putting the buyer’s information on a business card.

3 Likes

He / she has told me that, there is any android app which I have to use and it will require my own data plan.

1 Like

Of course, you would have to use your own data plan to use an Android app!?!?!

Using your own data plan does not mean that you have to give him your number!?!!

As I said before, I am sure there are other ways to give you access to an Android app without using your Telegram number. It seems very fishy to me that he would ask for your number.

You have to tell him that sharing personal contact details is a violation of the ToS. If he keeps insisting, you have to report and block him.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind repetitive replies. I have already informed it to the support centre.

2 Likes

Being new, I benefited from knowing it…thanks a lot

1 Like

Its not allowed by Fiverr and it is against TOS.

1 Like

i dont think fiverr allow it

1 Like

That IS breaking the ToS. His argument makes no sense. It’s the communicatiom method that is against ToS, not just the message. How does he not see that if Fiverr allowed this it would enable scams?

Why do you want to work with this person? None of this makes sense. He’s either a scammer or incompetent and ignorant. He’s going to be an entitled micromanager, too.

Stop trying to accommodate ignorance and incompetence. It was so rude of him to ask this of you.

Um, no. Please start thinking critically. In any case, you are getting paid to do the work, not endure these hassles and expenses. What does this have to do with your phone number? This makes no sense. Don’t waste CS’s time with this.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your kind reply. I had got confused because he is on Fiverr since 2016 and his reviews also are very good. Because there may such jobs where personal information may be required to complete the job. The job requires an android mobile and also a personal data plan. He told me that I have to work with an android mobile app to operate the task. That’s why I thought that it may be a part of the job and he would know better than me about the rules of Fiverr. I have already informed this issue to the Fiverr. Thanks.

This is an exciting new level of passive-aggressiveness.

3 Likes