Urgent help is needed

bimantalukdar

I have delivered a macro-enabled document template. She didn’t mention any specific key combinations for which I can assign the macro. I had assigned Alt+1 key … as a shortcut. But it didn’t work due to Alt key is not available on MacBook. After that, again I had assigned ctrl+shift+1 key … as a shortcut. But it also not worked. Then I have asked the buyer to provide me the specific key combinations so that I can assign it for working properly on MacBook.

I also told her the process to disable the existing shortcut keys on MacBook, so she could manage it on her own. I am using Dell PC with Windows 10. So, the keyboard layout of the MacBook differs from my PC.

Please give me a solution.

how about only CTRL + ( key ) or SHIFT + (KEY) ?

ctrl key are slightly different on a Macbook. I have a requirement of 6 key combinations. Shift key combinations are already in use on a Macbook. There is an option to disable the current shortcuts. It may happen that my shortcuts will work after disable the current key combinations on a MacBook. But it couldn’t be possible for the buyer to do it own.

ctrl key are slightly different on a Macbook. I have a requirement of 6 key combinations. Shift key combinations are already in use on a Macbook. There is an option to disable the current shortcuts. It may happen that my shortcuts will work after disable the current key combinations on a MacBook. But it couldn’t be possible for the buyer to do it own.

I am not sure how Control key is different but I just drag out my macbook and saw there is CTRL key on left bottom corner !

I am not sure how Control key is different but I just drag out my macbook and saw there is CTRL key on left bottom corner !

ctrl key has a ^ symbol on it. Though the ordinary keyboard has a ctrl key only. The functions are slightly different, for that my shortkeys are not working on the MacBook. Please open Microsoft word and press shift+1. Just let me know whether it is assigned to any shortcuts or not. I want 6 key combinations so that I can assign the shortcuts for working on a MacBook.

“Ctrl” key will replace with “Command” key on OSx.

I also had this kind of issue. Fortunately, I could find a method to install Mac OS version on Virtual Box (search on Google or YouTube for more info). You can check about all non-OS based common keys using that method.

Hope this helps 🙂

If I’m not wrong it’s Command key in Mac in place of Control Key.

You can try to help the buyer disabling the default option by remotely accessing the device from your PC there are many software available for this.

I already told the buyer to do it. But it seems it may not possible for her to do the same. Is it permissible to access her computer from my PC. Does Fiverr will allow it? If yes, then can I do it using TeamViewer. Is it be possible to control her MacBook from my Windows 10 PC?

Though most of the functionalities of the ctrl keys are the same, but there is a little bit of difference to working with a MacBook to Windows 10 PC. For that reason, my shortcuts are not working properly.

I already told the buyer to do it. But it seems it may not possible for her to do the same. Is it permissible to access her computer from my PC. Does Fiverr will allow it? If yes, then can I do it using TeamViewer. Is it be possible to control her MacBook from my Windows 10 PC?

While teamviewer is one of the allowed urls that can be used in gig descriptions I think it’s only allowed if the gig had been set up for that originally (and maybe okayed with Fiverr). eg. some of the gigs for virus checking/fixing I think have that. You could ask CS but it would take days to do that. So my advice is don’t do it with the current gig (unless you had permission from Fiverr).

While teamviewer is one of the allowed urls that can be used in gig descriptions I think it’s only allowed if the gig had been set up for that originally (and maybe okayed with Fiverr). eg. some of the gigs for virus checking/fixing I think have that. You could ask CS but it would take days to do that. So my advice is don’t do it with the current gig (unless you had permission from Fiverr).

Ok! I have already sent some options to the buyer. But she had not replied yet. Then I had visited the Resolution Centre to get 1 day extra. I couldn’t deliver the work on time for such an unfavorable situation.

The buyer had a requirement of MS word document template. Hotkeys were optional, but I confirmed that I will give her the hotkeys. But she never told me that she is using MacBook and also I have no idea that the document template made by me may not work on MacBook. So I had sent her the document template several times using different key combinations of the hotkeys. But every time she told me that it is not working on her MacBook. Then I told her to give me the specific key combinations so that I can make them as hotkeys, but she also never sends me that. I had told her to go to Mac’s keyboard shortcut option on the MacBook and just disable the specific key combination for which it might get conflict and not working. But she could not do this. I am confused that from such a long distance how I solve the issue. Now the buyer wanted to go for any other seller who is accustomed to working on a MacBook. Please help me out. What has to be done? I send the template several times, also I have tested it on several windows-based computers. It works well on all the computers, but I have no MacBook user at my surroundings. Then how can I resolve the issue whether it works properly on a MacBook or not?

I have got confused about why it is not working on a MacBook after giving her several hotkey combinations or she made any mistake to operate the macro-enabled document template.

After spending so much time, what will be good for me? Money is not so much important to me than the buyer’s satisfaction, but it is a prestige issue to get canceled any order? If the buyer will cancel the order how will I get affected as a seller? I have already taken the issue with Fiverr CS, but it will take time up to 10 days. But within a few hours, my delivery time will get expire. What can I do? Please guide me, I am very much confused. If there any negative happens, then how can I serve on this platform?

Indirectly related to the problem, but consider for future orders: make a requirement that asks ‘what operating system is this for’ and have the three main os options.

You’ve gotten a few suggestions, but when you told her how to “disable the specific key combination” was it all in writing? Could you include images with the step-by-step instructions? Make a video with screen capture to show exactly what to do?

We as sellers do have to sometimes do gymnastic for our clients, but it’s up to you if you want to cancel the order.

The buyer had a requirement of MS word document template. Hotkeys were optional, but I confirmed that I will give her the hotkeys. But she never told me that she is using MacBook and also I have no idea that the document template made by me may not work on MacBook. So I had sent her the document template several times using different key combinations of the hotkeys. But every time she told me that it is not working on her MacBook. Then I told her to give me the specific key combinations so that I can make them as hotkeys, but she also never sends me that. I had told her to go to Mac’s keyboard shortcut option on the MacBook and just disable the specific key combination for which it might get conflict and not working. But she could not do this. I am confused that from such a long distance how I solve the issue. Now the buyer wanted to go for any other seller who is accustomed to working on a MacBook. Please help me out. What has to be done? I send the template several times, also I have tested it on several windows-based computers. It works well on all the computers, but I have no MacBook user at my surroundings. Then how can I resolve the issue whether it works properly on a MacBook or not?

I have got confused about why it is not working on a MacBook after giving her several hotkey combinations or she made any mistake to operate the macro-enabled document template.

After spending so much time, what will be good for me? Money is not so much important to me than the buyer’s satisfaction, but it is a prestige issue to get canceled any order? If the buyer will cancel the order how will I get affected as a seller? I have already taken the issue with Fiverr CS, but it will take time up to 10 days. But within a few hours, my delivery time will get expire. What can I do? Please guide me, I am very much confused. If there any negative happens, then how can I serve on this platform?

Indirectly related to the problem, but consider for future orders: make a requirement that asks ‘what operating system is this for’ and have the three main os options.

You’ve gotten a few suggestions, but when you told her how to “disable the specific key combination” was it all in writing? Could you include images with the step-by-step instructions? Make a video with screen capture to show exactly what to do?

We as sellers do have to sometimes do gymnastic for our clients, but it’s up to you if you want to cancel the order.

I had provided her the screenshots also for how she would have to disable specific keyboard shortcuts in writing. I had provided the screenshots, which were taken from the internet. I can’t do a video screen capture because I haven’t any MacBook.

Look on YouTube? See if someone’s already made a video on this?

The buyer wanted to go for a new seller. I haven’t found any reason for not working the template on a MacBook. But buyer’s satisfaction is the most priority for me. What should I do when she will ask for delivery? Will I opt for new buyer requests further? What the worst may happen to me?

If you can’t complete the order, you don’t really have a choice but to cancel.
Yes, cancellation does have consequences, but if you can’t help the buyer you can’t complete the order. If you had known the os was a MacBook before the order began, would you have taken it? You were working with incomplete information, so take this as the lesson it is.

The worst that can happen? Two possibilities, as I see it, based on your actions.

1. Keep working.
  • You fix the problem, buyer gives low rating, it is ‘forever’ on your profile, though you can respond to it. You keep the payment, but buyer might seek a refund anyway.
  • You don’t fix the problem, buyer keeps getting more upset and frustrated, leading to a bad rating or taking the matter to CS for a cancellation
  1. You grant the cancellation
  • your ‘rank’ takes a dip for 2 months. (and associated consequences)

Yes, cancellation does have consequences, but if you can’t help the buyer you can’t complete the order. If you had known the os was a MacBook before the order began, would you have taken it? You were working with incomplete information, so take this as the lesson it is.

The worst that can happen? Two possibilities, as I see it, based on your actions.

1. Keep working.
  • You fix the problem, buyer gives low rating, it is ‘forever’ on your profile, though you can respond to it. You keep the payment, but buyer might seek a refund anyway.
  • You don’t fix the problem, buyer keeps getting more upset and frustrated, leading to a bad rating or taking the matter to CS for a cancellation

Thanks a lot for your kind response. It teaches me a lot. Though I was able to do the work efficiently, it has no value at all if the buyer not gets satisfied.

1. Keep working.

The buyer had accepted the delivery that night and seemed that she was quietly excited with the output. She shared a video and told that “it looks good”. After seeing the video, I realized that it may happen that the hotkeys were not working. Then I make the menu options on that template and after seeing it I think she also realized I had made lots of effort on it and she also abled to run those shortcuts without any hotkeys. Then she had asked me to do some changes and I also did it accordingly and after the delivery within a few minutes, she accepted the delivery. So her problem had solved.

But the issue is that once I had some doubt at her because I had already run that template on various PCs and the template ran smoothly on all those PCs. So, after seeing her shared video, I had made the menu options and gave her the solution to run those shortcuts with menu options and after that, she could see all those shortcuts working. After that, I suggested something so she can be able to run the hotkeys of her own. But I have noticed that after accepting the delivery, she didn’t open her account, though she may get very busy with her work. But long before accepting the delivery I had taken the matter to the CS and haven’t got any reply from CS till now, neither I have seen any review option to give the buyer ratings nor she gave me any ratings (whether it’s good or bad).

Please let me know why I couldn’t get the review option for the buyer nor she gave me any review for the delivery. Whether it is for the reason I had taken the matter to the CS earlier?

The buyer had accepted the delivery that night and seemed that she was quietly excited with the output. She shared a video and told that “it looks good”. After seeing the video, I realized that it may happen that the hotkeys were not working. Then I make the menu options on that template and after seeing it I think she also realized I had made lots of effort on it and she also abled to run those shortcuts without any hotkeys. Then she had asked me to do some changes and I also did it accordingly and after the delivery within a few minutes, she accepted the delivery. So her problem had solved.

But the issue is that once I had some doubt at her because I had already run that template on various PCs and the template ran smoothly on all those PCs. So, after seeing her shared video, I had made the menu options and gave her the solution to run those shortcuts with menu options and after that, she could see all those shortcuts working. After that, I suggested something so she can be able to run the hotkeys of her own. But I have noticed that after accepting the delivery, she didn’t open her account, though she may get very busy with her work. But long before accepting the delivery I had taken the matter to the CS and haven’t got any reply from CS till now, neither I have seen any review option to give the buyer ratings nor she gave me any ratings (whether it’s good or bad).

Please let me know why I couldn’t get the review option for the buyer nor she gave me any review for the delivery. Whether it is for the reason I had taken the matter to the CS earlier?

You can only review buyers if they review you. Having contacted CS is unrelated.

Please see: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/buyer-and-seller-reviews

You can only review buyers if they review you. Having contacted CS is unrelated.

Please see: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/buyer-and-seller-reviews

Ok! Actually, I had taken the matter to the CS long before the order getting completed. Because I had a doubt about the buyer whether she was facing the problem genuinely or not? Because I had tested the template on 5 numbers of PCs and among all those PCs the template was working very well.

But after getting the work done, I never contacted CS. Thank you once again, for your kind information.

Archived