Fiverr Forum

Urgent Plea

I am making an urgent plea for all Fiverr members to boycott Fiverr. I understand some of you make a substantial income on the site, but note this, I know that Fiverr as a company is unscrupulous, being so petty that they have chosen to hold onto a mere $8.00 that they owe my husband. He challenged several decisions made by the so called Moderators, and it earned him his account being closed down with no access to $8.00 in cleared payments. If this company is going to be so petty over $8.00 NO ONE WHO USES THE SITE IS SAFE!!. I recommend an immediate boycott of buyer and seller usage on Fiverr. If you have payments cleared, get your money withdrawn ASAP! If your payments are still clearing, get them out as soon as they clear.

I’m sure there has got to be more to the story. I’ve been on Fiverr over a year and never had any problem whatsoever. If your husbands account was closed I’m pretty sure there’s a 45 day wait or something before he can withdraw his earnings.

The point is that there has to be more.

One thing everyone should realize.

Fiverr isn’t going to go around and do unscrupulous things to members because if Fiverr get’s a bad name and scams people, then the site would be done. Which means that they won’t make any money. Everyone has to realize that the better we (Sellers) do on fiverr, and the more of us that there are, the more money they make from us. So why would they try and wreck that? Answer. They wouldn’t.

Reply to @bigbadbilly: I agree totally. What was your husband challenging?

The same. Thank you for the loyalty. However, this is not a plea for me.

Personally, the same could be said to you. You say a measly 8 bucks but why should we get freaked out and go on a strike for your $8? Honestly if he had said something to get his account frozen temporarily or anything he probably did something, such as harassing, the moderators or support.

Reply to @dracosama: In agree!

Usually when I boycott something I walk away and don’t have anything to do with it nor comment on it…

There are a lot of comments and questions concerning my urgent plea. Let me explain a little. My husband wrote a simple PC game. He put it up for sale as a gig. The gig was approved. He attempted to add a video about two weeks later, and that did not pass the Moderators approval. All the TOS stuff had been followed to the letter. The game was his and he has all rights to sell it, yet the Moderators briefly referred to things such as copyright infringement, which is NOT the case. The gig was then pulled. They did not find any issues with it until a video was attempted to be added. The video just briefly described the game, nothing more. My husband questioned this and was shot down. Support was rude and vague and no help at all. My whole point here is this, if Fiverr will treat someone like this, and withhold $8.00 from them then no one who buys or sells on the site is safe from their random and pointless abuse. A lot of you may have great experiences and have been on the site a long time, but I really doubt you have ever challenged the Moderators. Everyone do what you want. Boycott or don’t boycott. Just getting the word out there about what type of company this really is. Buyer and Seller BEWARE!

Also, I am walking away from Fiverr. I will post no Gigs nor buy anything on this site from now on. Good luck to all of you who choose to continue with Fiverr. Again Buyer and Seller BEWARE!

Reply to @digitalwizard: did he provide proof the game was indeed his? If there is proof I would assume the ban would be lifted…

I suggest you bail out now if you cant handle silly stuff like that. This sort of thing happens on the internet ALL THE TIME. I have dealt with other companies that made promises for Affiliate payments that never came through. They would close down before payments were due, or change the terms right before you reach the threshold. I had a hosting company that I was with an affiliate program, and right before I reached the $100 payout they cancelled the program and closed all affiliate accounts. Thats why now I wont sign up with any company with high payout thresholds. If you are worried about $8, then quit or you will have a heart attack when you loose more. The web is a no mans land when it comes to stuff like this.

I’m sorry you had an unpleasant experience. I would try not to take it personally. It sounds like the issue is that they suspected copyright infringement and inactivated the gig. It’s probably not all that uncommon. In that instance, you could send a simple, professional email with definitive proof you have the right to sell it. Or, you could just forget about selling that particular item on Fiverr. The latter choice may be easier in certain situations. Especially when it’s complicated to provide proof. Anyway, if you decide to stick around, perhaps you could try selling something different. I think Fiverr has great money making potential.

So they banned him because he asked why his video got shut down… hmmmmmm…

I’m sure there has got to be more to the story. I’ve been on Fiverr over a year and never had any problem whatsoever. If your husbands account was closed I’m pretty sure there’s a 45 day wait or something before he can withdraw his earnings.

The point is that there has to be more.

One thing everyone should realize.

Fiverr isn’t going to go around and do unscrupulous things to members because if Fiverr get’s a bad name and scams people, then the site would be done. Which means that they won’t make any money. Everyone has to realize that the better we (Sellers) do on fiverr, and the more of us that there are, the more money they make from us. So why would they try and wreck that? Answer. They wouldn’t.

Reply to @bigbadbilly: I agree totally. What was your husband challenging?

The same. Thank you for the loyalty. However, this is not a plea for me.

Personally, the same could be said to you. You say a measly 8 bucks but why should we get freaked out and go on a strike for your $8? Honestly if he had said something to get his account frozen temporarily or anything he probably did something, such as harassing, the moderators or support.

Reply to @dracosama: In agree!

Usually when I boycott something I walk away and don’t have anything to do with it nor comment on it…

There are a lot of comments and questions concerning my urgent plea. Let me explain a little. My husband wrote a simple PC game. He put it up for sale as a gig. The gig was approved. He attempted to add a video about two weeks later, and that did not pass the Moderators approval. All the TOS stuff had been followed to the letter. The game was his and he has all rights to sell it, yet the Moderators briefly referred to things such as copyright infringement, which is NOT the case. The gig was then pulled. They did not find any issues with it until a video was attempted to be added. The video just briefly described the game, nothing more. My husband questioned this and was shot down. Support was rude and vague and no help at all. My whole point here is this, if Fiverr will treat someone like this, and withhold $8.00 from them then no one who buys or sells on the site is safe from their random and pointless abuse. A lot of you may have great experiences and have been on the site a long time, but I really doubt you have ever challenged the Moderators. Everyone do what you want. Boycott or don’t boycott. Just getting the word out there about what type of company this really is. Buyer and Seller BEWARE!