Using classified ad sites to promote and advertise my gig

Classified listings will only produce results if your ad is on a site or in a newspaper that your target customers read. You need to make sure you ads are being seen by the right people. If they aren’t, don’t expect much traffic or sales.

Successful marketing is NOT about placing your links wherever you can, it is about finding ways to target YOUR customers, and bring them to your services.

If your marketing is untargeted, it will likely be unsuccessful.

Classified listings will only produce results if your ad is on a site or in a newspaper that your target customers read. You need to make sure you ads are being seen by the right people. If they aren’t, don’t expect much traffic or sales.

Successful marketing is NOT about placing your links wherever you can, it is about finding ways to target YOUR customers, and bring them to your services.

If your marketing is untargeted, it will likely be unsuccessful.

Thanks… I’m really grateful… But under what category can I find my target customers. The last time I promoted my gig, I clicked on category > service > marketing services… Am I on the right track?

As Jonbaas said, it depends on WHERE your classified ads are. I’ve used them for my business successfully where there are others who do my type of work. So your best bet is find where others who sell what you sell are advertising.

But under what category can I find my target customers. The last time I promoted my gig, I clicked on category > service > marketing services… Am I on the right track?

But under what category can I find my target customers. The last time I promoted my gig, I clicked on category > service > marketing services… Am I on the right track?

If there are others doing what you do advertising there then you are in the right place.

Otherwise I’m not sure if you are or not.

Thanks… I’m really grateful… But under what category can I find my target customers. The last time I promoted my gig, I clicked on category > service > marketing services… Am I on the right track?

You are the only person who knows who your target customers are. And if you don’t know who they are yet, you’re going to have to do some analysis, research and brainstorming to figure that out. Every business has different target customers. Once you figure out who those customers are, and where they are located, then you will know how and where to promote to them. And you will know which websites and publications that they read – which would be the websites and publications where you should post your classified ads.

Archived