Using same internet connection

saddu_writer

HI Everyone. I need your opinions. My brother and I both work on Fiverr. We both have completely different gigs. According to him, if two accounts are operated from same IP ( Wifi), then there is a risk of accounts being ban because that would appear as a person using two accounts. Thats why he uses a separate internet connection. Is it true and what are your opinions? Has anyone asked the support or staff. I need more valid answer.

@taverr @catwriter @miiila @djgodknows @annai80 What do you guys say?

HI Everyone. I need your opinions. My brother and I both work on Fiverr. We both have completely different gigs. According to him, if two accounts are operated from same IP ( Wifi), then there is a risk of accounts being ban because that would appear as a person using two accounts. Thats why he uses a separate internet connection. Is it true and what are your opinions? Has anyone asked the support or staff. I need more valid answer.

@taverr @catwriter @miiila @djgodknows @annai80 What do you guys say?

You need to ask CS - I believe there can be a problem when two or more accounts share the same IP address, which two laptops on the same wi-fi would do.

Better check just in case.

You need to ask CS - I believe there can be a problem when two or more accounts share the same IP address, which two laptops on the same wi-fi would do.

Better check just in case.

Exactly I was going to ask them but then I thought about forum to know that you people’s opinions are about this.

Fiverr do uses IP and MAC addresses to find users creating multiple accounts but if you take permission from the CS for this it would be better and you both can use the same internet connection then. Prevention is better than cure! 🙂

Btw you can submit the ticket in “Account Support”.

It should be fine if you offer different things, and if you don’t interact with each other or use the same PayPal/Payoneer account.

Still, if you’re looking for a valid answer, you have to contact Customer Support (and if they say that it’s all right, make screenshots, just in case). We can only speculate on the forum; only CS can give you a valid answer.

Fiverr do uses IP and MAC addresses to find users creating multiple accounts but if you take permission from the CS for this it would be better and you both can use the same internet connection then. Prevention is better than cure! 🙂

Btw you can submit the ticket in “Account Support”.

Btw you can submit the ticket in “Account Support”

Account support?

What next?

Untitled.png.1ee09053b9062f260ef43a24cb7440b1.png

It should be fine if you offer different things, and if you don’t interact with each other or use the same PayPal/Payoneer account.

Still, if you’re looking for a valid answer, you have to contact Customer Support (and if they say that it’s all right, make screenshots, just in case). We can only speculate on the forum; only CS can give you a valid answer.

PayPal/Payoneer account.

Yes he use Paypal, I use Payoneer. He is a web developer and I am graphic designer…

Saddu Daddu,

2 posts so not repeating:

favicon.icoFiverr Forum 61829_1.png

About fiverr rules and regulation

If both accounts are for you, it's against the rules. Multiple accounts are not allowed. It's it's for another person selling gigs in a different category, you would need permission from Fiverr Customer Support at support.fiverr.com.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum 84484_1.png

Another day another CRAZY STORY

Hi David, Good to see you again. IP address between 2 devices is NEVER the same, unless you restart your ROUTER and then those 2 devices join at different times. Another thing which can never be same is the device MAC address. That is hard-coded...

Create Ticket under:
-> Feature Support
-> Other Selling Feature.
OR
select any category for ticket and write this on the description:
Please FORWARD this ticket to the appropriate department.

Hi Everyone, Here is the Official reply of CS.

In certain circumstances, it is acceptable to have more than one account at your location, for example, an account for each family member. However, the accounts must abide by our Terms of Service.

The most important rules to take note of in this situation are:

The accounts may not sell similar services
The accounts may not purchase from one another
The accounts may not share a withdrawal provider (Paypal/Payoneer)
I hope this information helps.

Yes, we have multiple accounts at my house.

My account is the most active, my husband also does VO and audio processing. So we have two accounts, separate email addresses, banking stuff.

I know my husband sent a message to CS before the second account was created so they had a record of what we were doing. No issues for us after 9 months…

It’s a matter of keeping it all legit, nobody trying to game the system AND making sure you don’t operate off the same computer unless you really know what you’re doing.

In certain circumstances, it is acceptable to have more than one account at your location, for example, an account for each family member. However, the accounts must abide by our Terms of Service.

Thanks, Saddu, the rest is guessable, but that one not so much.

Thanks for sharing CS official reply.

• 2 years later...

Archived