Using YouTube to Promote our Gigs?

awesomesachi

I’ve been wondering, YouTube being the world’s second largest search engine second to only Google itself and being the largest video sharing website, can we use it to gain some attention to our services? Let’s say I’m offering YouTube video editing services on Fiverr and I upload a few tutorials on YouTube on little tips / tutorials on video editing and at the end of each video I post a small reminder that I provide video editing services on Fiverr. This can be either posted in the description section of each video.

What are your thoughts on this? I think it’s a great way to gain a lot of exposure and start selling more. According to what I’ve read on Fiverr’s ToS I don’t think sharing our gigs on social media is a bad idea and if YouTube / Google+ falls into that category then I guess it’s safe for us to promote our gigs on YouTube? Please share your comments 🙂

Guest biggz27

Youtube is an excellent way to get your gigs out there. A lot of marketers over look youtube and you can use there ads really affordable. You can target location, age, and so on.

Reply to @awesomesachi: No it’s not against TOS 😉 . I checked with customer support before I posted some demos of my own, since Fiverr did not give me the option back then when I created my profile. Just make sure it does not contain personal info and do not advertise other websites.

An SEO-optimized website would be better than YouTube if your gig is not suitably presentable as videos constantly. No one would subscribe to a channel if it doesn’t update. I’d say art-related gigs (video animation, logos, illustration, voice-over…) would benefit more.

Archived