Vacation Day Protest "Profile Message" - Use on or near July 1

anarchofighter

NOTE: I’ve changed the message here with editing features. However, it was never written as people have described, it always said and CHANGE THE RATING LATER! However, not I’m just asking them to message, actually I now realize both systems are flawed, because of the ‘time differential’. A gig ordered on 1 July may not be delivered until 15 july, etc.

I was asked to come up with a message within the 300 characters we’re given for our profile.

I chose this message because when we’re away, other gigs are sometimes promoted.

I'm not on "vacation" nor taking a "play day". I'm in solidarity with buyers and sellers who oppose the "ARS" (Advanced Rating System) and prefer the review system for leaving feedback.

If you see recommended gigs below don't buy. Send them a message about the ARS

anarchofighter said: If you see recommended gigs below don't buy. If you do, rate them 1 stars so they wake up then change it later

I am not confident that encouraging buyers to under rate sellers is the way to go. I am not confident that Fiverr will fix it after the fact. Hah. Not holding my breath on this notion at all and how would it effect sellers, such as myself, who don't sell a lot?

Guest ypmagic

As much as I want to, I can’t. I have to promote and sell. You people that already get the traffic, that already have some orders… it might not hurt you but it will hurt the new gigs. The ARS isn’t that bad either. I get 5.0 ratings from good buyers. Maybe I haven’t ran into a guy with high expectations.

Okay now you’re acting even worst than Fiverr. I don’t like the stars, I don’t like the way they promote other gigs below my own. But I don’t thearten others. Imaging something like this in real life: “Let’s kill Hitle together!” “Why?” “Because I’ll kill you if you don’t help me kill him!”

Reply to @miacmht: Good point. I posted a variation of the message, minus the bit about rating others 1 star. Not everyone reads the forum and not every seller is aware of the issue. I stand against the new system, but I’d hate to ruin someone else’s reputation needlessly.

Just before I go to vacation mode, I’m replacing the text on my gig pages with this:

Hello Buyer! As you can see, I’m unavailable today. I have chosen to stand with my fellow sellers in opposition to Fiverr’s new “stars” rating policy, which is already hurting my business. While we love and appreciate Fiverr, we feel compelled to send a message to them that this well-intentioned but ill-conceived “innovation” is unwanted, unnecessary and deeply detrimental to our community. You can support us by refraining from purchasing from Fiverr today. I’ll be back at it tomorrow. Thanks!

Reply to @miacmht: It is worth pointing out a) we were all quick to modify the approach and that this is a brainstorm. AND at the same time Harriet Tubman did just that.

If you were met by Ms. T. during an Underground RR liberation and didn’t want to go with her, you were shot so you couldn’t give any information to the slavers.

Reply to @typingservice: Remember we have very few keystrokes in our announcements. And there’s everything cool about helping to WAKE UP sellers who don’t know what’s going on.

Further, this has already been discussed.

And unlike Fiverr who won’t amend their strategy, we’ve already offered alternatives and weighed the pros and cons and decided against it.

Reply to @madmoo:

Well, there you go.

To “hope sales won’t suffer” is the same as us hoping you know you’re a scab for not helping.

In the same breath you say you won’t tolerate X, Y, & Z …you do it.

You’re wishing our action …and in all labour like actions, we suffer for YOUR benefit… …will fail.

Reply to @madmoo: I understand your reason for not participating, which I respect.

However, think back to the ‘peak’ of your fiverr career (where I believe I currently am), you must agree that it’s incredibly difficult to keep track of all orders, especially when your order queue hits 30+ on a regular basis. My biggest gripe with this system is ‘response time’ and ‘would you order again’, as these two questions are highly subjective.

Imagine I ordered your spaghetti on toast gig, and your countdown timer was 10 days. You respond to me after 1 day, and then you deliver the finished product after 8 days.

“Hmm, I did message madmoo explaining I wanted it delivered sooner, which she didn’t oblige” - Here, have 3 stars on responsiveness (satisfactory).

“The gig I bought from her was great fun, but I wouldn’t buy it again because it was a novelty idea for my mother’s birthday” - 1 star on would you buy again (would not buy again).

Above are a few examples of where huge problems can arise, especially for sellers operating in a particular niché (such as graphic design), whereby every piece of work sent may be of the same quality, but will be rated wildly different depending on the buyer and ‘what mood they are in’.

Archived