Fiverr Community Forum

Vacation Mode is ON, still receiving orders

Hi my name is Fooky,

As we all know Fiverr has an awesome feature of “Vacation Mode”, which means (if I understood it correctly) that we can hold the incoming orders for as long as we want (up to 60 days). I am on Vacation but I just received an order from an old client (I did not sent any custom offers before or after turning on the Vacation mode).

Now I’m stuck because I don’t currently have the resources to complete the order.

Don’t know what to do now except canceling the order which will obviously effect rating.

Any Suggestions/Solutions?

Check you profile again, maybe for whatever reason vacation mode is not activated. Talk to your customer and explain what happened, apologize for the inconvenience and ask him to cancel the current order. Let him know when you will be back to resume your work. Contact support and make them aware of the issue maybe it is a technical bug in your account. Also if you log on and vacation mode is activated maybe you want to consider to just temporary suspend your gig just to be sure it is not visible for buyers. Hope that helps…have a great vacation :wink:

annai80 said: Let him know when you will be back to resume your work.
I definitely agree. If they are an 'old client', they'll probably understand and re-order when you're back.

Enjoy your time off!

It’s possible that the client had ordered your gig prior to you going on vacation mode, but had not entered the info to seller until after you had switched it on. It’s a weird way the system can sometimes be circumvented. I’d recommend always double checking your active orders before going on vacation mode and making sure you don’t have buyers that need a nudge. If you can’t fulfill the order, a mutual cancellation is best. I’m sure your client will understand!

reddhorrocks said: It's possible that the client had ordered your gig prior to you going on vacation mode

I did not check the active orders probably that was the reason it happened, I know that is really strange but it happened. Thanks for helping, will keep your suggestion in mind next time.

annai80 said: have a great vacation

Thanks ;-)

itsyourthing said: If they are an 'old client', they'll probably understand and re-order when you're back.

The buyer is really trusting and knew that canceling the order will hurt my rating, so he asked me to deliver the order (without doing anything) and do the work later when the sources are available. So that worked out pretty well. :)

Glad to hear it. :slight_smile: