Fiverr Forum

Vacation Mode: New Feature

Vacation Mode has now been limited.

You can only use Vacation Mode for up to 28 days each and every year. How crap is that? Am I not allowed to vacation more than that Fiverr? What if I get too many orders? What if I get sick? What if somebody I know dies?

A 28 day limit is stupid. It really is.

Not sure if I trust vacation mode. I’ve been hearing that sellers use it, only to find the orders have been stacking up while they were gone. And CS refuses to believe it’s a problem.

This worries me because I’ll be going on vacation soon and simply won’t be able to work on any Fiverr orders.

Reply to @kjblynx: So it is. I seem to recall that TRS got it slightly before it was announced though so I didn’t pay much attention to the announcement.

In any case, it is a silly idea. It would be fine if it was strictly limited to vacations, but it also for those who are overbooked as well. I flicked it off earlier (it had been on for 10 days) to take a single sale. Suddenly I had 18 orders coming in within an hour. I now have no option to turn it back on again. All I can do is pause, and we all know the problems with that.

I’ve never used Vaca Mode. Like Garth in Wayne’s World, I fear change. I also fear things that go glitch in the night.

I guess Fiverr thinks 4 weeks vacation is enough. Get back to work you!

There should just be some simple way to turn on/off to suite the Sellers Schedule, and let Buyers know the Seller is away. Provided they’ve got all their orders done.

directwritingco said: Not sure if I trust vacation mode. I've been hearing that sellers use it, only to find the orders have been stacking up while they were gone. And CS refuses to believe it's a problem.

CS know it is a problem. I had....about 40-50 orders come in whilst in vacation mode. Close to 35 of them were cancelled for lateness. They removed all the negative feedback from them.

Reply to @ryangillam: That’s good to hear. I simply cannot handle that number of orders after coming back from vacation.

Thanks for clarifying!

Last time I went on vacation mode in order to catch up, I got a mail stating that after a certain date, my gigs would be suspended. However, the date passed, and my gigs were still in vacation mode, and not at all suspended …

Still, my so-called suspended gigs were still visible to the public.

Maybe, it would be a good thing to automatically shift from vacation mode into suspension when you have used the whole 28 days?

When I used the vacation feature I thought my gig would remain visible. It vanished from the listings. Do not know why that happened. It is nothing more than pausing your gig. There is no advantage to this mode at all. It should stay active so potential customers can see I am on vacation. They will also know when I am returning. I had customers wonder if I was still doing business on Fiverr. That is not healthy for my biz.

djricsantos said:
  • When I used the vacation feature I thought my gig would remain visible. It vanished from the listings. Do not know why that happened. It is nothing more than pausing your gig. There is no advantage to this mode at all. It should stay active so potential customers can see I am on vacation. They will also know when I am returning. I had customers wonder if I was still doing business on Fiverr. That is not healthy for my biz.

There is an advantage. Yes, it does disappear. However when you 'return' you don't lost your position in the rankings (the highest rated gig thing). If you pause nromally then you do.