Vacation mode notifications

When a seller is on Vacation Mode, is the only notification to potential buyers on the seller’s profile page? I just set up VM for five days and my profile says I’m away, but when I click on a gig there is no notice. Does a buyer have to attempt to order before they’re informed?

Like @mrproofreading, I don’t see the standard Order button on your gigs right now. If I look at your profile it says you are on vacation. If I click on a specific gig, it says “Notify Me” where the order button would be. I clicked on Notify Me and it changed to “You’ll be Notified” so I guess I’ll get a message when your VM is over! Interesting.

Thanks for all the information guys! I’m back from vacation (and "mode) now. I didn’t get any orders or messages, but it’s not unusual for that to happen in spurts anyway - the same as a bunch of orders all at once.

Now I get to see if and how the new sub-category things works (or doesn’t) :slight_smile: Thanks again, friendly Fiverr peeps!

itsyourthing said: I just set up VM for five days and my profile says I'm away, but when I click on a gig there is no notice. Does a buyer have to attempt to order before they're informed?

This would explain a lot.
I stopped using vacation mode, as every time i set it up, orders would still be coming in. At first i thought it was only mobile orders due to a glitch or bug, but upon asking the buyers, it appeared both mobile AND Computer orders were coming through!
Maybe, hopefully when they click the order they would be alerted, but if the gigs are actually open without notice, they may still be able to order. So to be safe, maybe you can extend delivery times. Up to you.
I have tirelessly asked Fiverr Support about the issue, and i have always been told it's a bug. So i just avoid VM and chose to extend deadlines in the event i need to take a breather.

Funny last time I was in vacation mode and I received an order as well- STRANGE!!

itsyourthing said: Does a buyer have to attempt to order before they're informed?

Not necessarily, as the following text replaces the standard "Order" button:

Notify Me

I'll be back soon
I’m away for a little while will be back in 5 days.
Click the button above to be notified when I return.

---

I don't think you can see this from your end. If I remember correctly, you can only see a greyed out button saying "paused".

I’ve seen the various vacation messages on other sellers pages, but when I’m in vacation mode and go to my gig page, it just says “edit gig” where the notification shows up for the buyer. So in other words, it doesn’t show up for you on your own gigs but it does for others.

I’ve never had an order while in vacation mode, but I do still get messages.

I’ve seen the various vacation messages on other sellers pages, but when I’m in vacation mode and go to my gig page, it just says “edit gig” where the notification shows up for the buyer. So in other words, it doesn’t show up for you on your own gigs but it does for others.

I’ve never had an order while in vacation mode, but I do still get messages.