Venezuela Blackout nightmare

Right now I’m just really sad because after over a month of not getting sales I finally got 3 in one week, 1 with a rocky start but the client really did enjoy my work I just had to work on final details. whn the power outage became. I spend over 3 days with out light and signal so I didn’t have any way to contact my buyers and tell them what had happen and when the light finally came al my orders where mark as late deliveries :(.
2 of my clients where really understanding but for the other one was it’s 1st experience.
I don’t know If I should call support because it wasnt fiverr’s fault or mine the had this late deliveries but it really makes me sad that something like this ruin my performance in the plataform

Why not give CS a try? It’s not like yours is an isolated case, and it’s being well reported internationally. I hope they can do something to help. 🙂

My best wishes to all users from Venezuela. (I know this is country specific, but hope it’s allowed under the forum rules.)

Why not give CS a try? It’s not like yours is an isolated case, and it’s being well reported internationally. I hope they can do something to help. 🙂

My best wishes to all users from Venezuela. (I know this is country specific, but hope it’s allowed under the forum rules.)

I will give it a try

Hi @angelaliedwina

I really feel for you 😢 I’m also venezuelan and all these days just kept thinking in all of us, specially those with active orders. 😣

During all this mess, I just kept crossing my fingers in hope no one had messaged me or placed an order. Thankfully, yesterday I got back energy (at least intermittently) and saw it didn’t happen so I run to pause all my gigs and not accept custome orders just in case I run out of power again. Don’t know until when I’ll have to be in such situation 😢

E yea… blackout, It always painful when circumstances beyond one control affect an important event. I am very sorry, try to contact the CS may be they will understand.

E yea… blackout, It always painful when circumstances beyond one control affect an important event.

It wasn’t just a “blackout”. It was 3 days a whole country without power. Even today more than half of the country is still without energy and those of us who have, it goes and comes.

No electricity = no water, no phones, no comunications of any type, loss of food, loss of lives. Hope you can understand what this means.

E yea… blackout, It always painful when circumstances beyond one control affect an important event.

It wasn’t just a “blackout”. It was 3 days a whole country without power. Even today more than half of the country is still without energy and those of us who have, it goes and comes.

No electricity = no water, no phones, no comunications of any type, loss of food, loss of lives. Hope you can understand what this means.

So sorry you have to deal with all of that. Hope things improve for you and your country.

Hi @angelaliedwina

I really feel for you 😢 I’m also venezuelan and all these days just kept thinking in all of us, specially those with active orders. 😣

During all this mess, I just kept crossing my fingers in hope no one had messaged me or placed an order. Thankfully, yesterday I got back energy (at least intermittently) and saw it didn’t happen so I run to pause all my gigs and not accept custome orders just in case I run out of power again. Don’t know until when I’ll have to be in such situation 😢

neither do what got me the must worried it’s my computer I hope everything it’s fine because with this outage th

I truly feel sorry for all my Venezuelan fellow sellers. It is very sad to watch the chaos and mayhem in Venezuela right now. I hope that the situation improves really soon. :crossed_fingers:t3:

In the meanwhile, I think it is a good idea for others in a similar situation to do what @maitasun has done: pause all gigs until things improve. 🙂

If you think you won’t be able to respond to messages within 24 hours, you can also enable vacation mode with the option to disable incoming messages from prospective buyers (so that it doesn’t end up affecting your response rate).

I truly feel sorry for all my Venezuelan fellow sellers. It is very sad to watch the chaos and mayhem in Venezuela right now. I hope that the situation improves really soon. :crossed_fingers:t3:

In the meanwhile, I think it is a good idea for others in a similar situation to do what @maitasun has done: pause all gigs until things improve. 🙂

If you think you won’t be able to respond to messages within 24 hours, you can also enable vacation mode with the option to disable incoming messages from prospective buyers (so that it doesn’t end up affecting your response rate).

you can also enable vacation mode with the option to disable incoming messages from prospective buyers

Isn’t it enough to deny accepting custome orders? Do I also have to go out of offcice?

you can also enable vacation mode with the option to disable incoming messages from prospective buyers

Isn’t it enough to deny accepting custome orders? Do I also have to go out of offcice?

Do I also have to go out of offcice?

Only if you are unable to reply to new messages/custom orders from new prospective buyers within 24 hours. Otherwise, it will affect your response rate, right? :thinking:

Do I also have to go out of offcice?

Only if you are unable to reply to new messages/custom orders from new prospective buyers within 24 hours. Otherwise, it will affect your response rate, right? :thinking:

I think I didn’t explain myself correctly, let me rephrase my question.

Although if I don’t accept custome orders, buyers still get to message me?

I think I didn’t explain myself correctly, let me rephrase my question.

Although if I don’t accept custome orders, buyers still get to message me?

Yes, they can. The only thing that does is stop them from requesting custom orders/“special services.” They will, however, still be able to send you messages.

image.png.6ee9573179a5afb0b39393b19107db6f.png

So sorry @maitasun , Hope everything back to normal very soon.

Yes, they can. The only thing that does is stop them from requesting custom orders/“special services.” They will, however, still be able to send you messages.

😢

I’m not only losing money outside Fiverr but inside as well 😭 but that’s nothing compared to all the lives that have been lost and still are being lost because of this (ICU patients (adult, padiatrics, neonatal), dialisis patients, etc)… 😭

Thank very much my dear friend.

PS: Yes @hanshuber16 , I selected that and put it blank. Is that enough?

Ok, well, I’ll have to also do that 😢

I’m not only losing money outside Fiverr but inside as well 😭 but that’s nothing compared to all the lives that have been lost and still are being lost because of this (ICU patients (adult, padiatrics, neonatal), dialisis patients, etc)… 😭

You’re welcome 🙂

Also, when activating OOO, make sure that you don’t select the option that says: “Allow new buyers to contact me. I realize this can affect my response rate and avg. response time.” 😉

You’re welcome 🙂

Also, when activating OOO, make sure that you don’t select the option that says: “Allow new buyers to contact me. I realize this can affect my response rate and avg. response time.” 😉

AJ, when I go to “my profile”, I don’t see the “out of office” option 😣

I can see my gig are paused but can’t see anything else 😧

Also, when activating OOO, make sure that you don’t select the option that says “Allow new buyers to contact me

I don’t have 3 circles, just 2 and I don’t remember the system asking me to allow or not new buyers to contact me 😔

AJ, when I go to “my profile”, I don’t see the “out of office” option 😣

I can see my gig are paused but can’t see anything else 😧

Also, when activating OOO, make sure that you don’t select the option that says “Allow new buyers to contact me

I don’t have 3 circles, just 2 and I don’t remember the system asking me to allow or not new buyers to contact me 😔

Hmm, I am not sure. I think you should let CS know that you’re unable to see the out of office mode.

This is what I see when I go to my profile:

image.png.fea938f469d230c5c3d1d1e3e4579363.png

Also, OOO is just an abbreviation for Out Of Office mode. 🙂

When you want to activate OOO mode, you will be able to see the options shown in the screenshot that @pacquo had attached earlier.

In pacquo’s message, you can see the option that says: “Allow new buyers to contact me. I realize this can affect my response rate and avg. response time.” (I have highlighted it in a red box below).

image.png.9773fcd912053a1b16f7ad13237258b6.png

How sad it is that this affects all Venezuelans, that we turn to this page to provide our work. But we will remain firmer than ever.
I was also worried if they send me messages after these 3 days without light and can not answer them
The best still awaits us.
Saludos desde anzoategui 🙏

Hmm, I am not sure. I think you should let CS know that you’re unable to see the out of office mode.

This is what I see when I go to my profile:

Also, OOO is just an abbreviation for Out Of Office mode. 🙂

When you want to activate OOO mode, you will be able to see the options shown in the screenshot that @pacquo had attached earlier.

In pacquo’s message, you can see the option that says: “Allow new buyers to contact me. I realize this can affect my response rate and avg. response time.” (I have highlighted it in a red box below).

Hmm, I am not sure. I think you should let CS know that you’re unable to see the out of office mode

Also, OOO is just an abbreviation for O ut O f O ffice mode. 🙂

I found the problem!!!

You can only access the option out of office when your gigs are active. Mine were paused so I had to activate them first. Now I am out of office but with my gigs active 🤨

I’ll try see if I can remain out pausing my gigs…

Ok, well, I’ll have to also do that 😢

that’s nothing compared to all the lives that have been lost and still are being lost because of this (ICU patients (adult, padiatrics, neonatal), dialisis patients, etc)… 😭

I have been thinking about you, my friend, @maitasun, and concerned for your safety. I am glad you are ok. However, I had not thought about the people that could die because of the lack of electricity. 😥

Or increase delivery time of the gigs if you wouldn’t like to pause them for too long? Then maybe you’d get still orders you could do whenever you get electricity for a while, though that only works if you get direct orders, obviously. That, plus turning off “Accepting custom orders” would be another option, I’m not sure how the effects of that vs. pausing gigs vs. OOO are, though, perhaps CS could answer that.

And asking CS if they could help by resetting ratings when it’s already “too late” and gigs ran late because of that specific situation, can’t hurt either. I think they might have been lenient also some time ago with affected sellers due to a special situation (flood) in the US? Not sure though, but I think there was something. If you add some links to some trustworthy news sources, maybe that would help.

Fingers crossed for that to pass soon! :frowning_face:

Archived