Fiverr Forum

VENTING! English to French translators beware!

I know there are a few Fiverrs offering English to French translation, as I do, and I wanted to share this experience with them!

Some people have a LOT of crust, I mean, really!!!

This guy send me a message, saying he needs a 2600 word translation, and he is “offering” me to pay for 4 gigs to do it!!! Now I do up to 500 words per gig. Which is already A LOT, considering the time and care I spend on each translation. And this S***T-bag, has the nerve to offer LESS…and for WHAT??? You won’t believe this, but he actually wanted a CONTRACT translated!!!

I was distracted, because I was watching what was happening in Boston, so I politely replied that I refused, and we cancelled, and that was that.

Except, when I though about it later, I was like *WHHHAAAAAT???"…the guy goes on FIVERR to get the translation of a LEGAL document and what more he has the infernal audacity to bargain so that instead of paying a measly 30 bucks, he’ll only pay 20$??? COME ON! Get real!

You know what disgusts me even more? I’m sure someone out there will be desperate enough to take on his gig: and I think that this guy’s despicable attitude should not be tolerated.

Anyway, English to French translators BEWARE! There are some sleazy individuals out there!

On the other hand, the guy is probably a pimp, the contract was for so-called “models”…

Voilà…that was my rant of the day. I’m sure all the other translators pride themselves, like I do, on doing excellent work, and they don’t deserve this kind of treatment.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

nafsikaa said: You know what disgusts me even more? I'm sure someone out there will be desperate enough to take on his gig: and I think that this guy's despicable attitude should not be tolerated.

I understand your frustration, but I agree with vedmak (in principal at least, I'm just not that naturally restrained) you don't have to aggravate yourself over it - especially since you had already moved on. And as far as the quote above... I'm pretty sure there are professionals translators who are disgusted with you for doing 500 words for a measly $5. Everyone has their limits, and there will always be people who ask for more. :)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

nafsikaa said: You know what disgusts me even more? I'm sure someone out there will be desperate enough to take on his gig: and I think that this guy's despicable attitude should not be tolerated.

I understand your frustration, but I agree with vedmak (in principal at least, I'm just not that naturally restrained) you don't have to aggravate yourself over it - especially since you had already moved on. And as far as the quote above... I'm pretty sure there are professionals translators who are disgusted with you for doing 500 words for a measly $5. Everyone has their limits, and there will always be people who ask for more. :)