Verifying my phone number

shachihugo

Hi! I’m trying to register as a seller, and phone verification is necessary before I can start gigging. However, fiverr isn’t accepting my phone number – it just says “there’s something wrong with this number” but doesn’t specify what.
I’m using a computer (not phone or tab), and have been restricted now for 24 hours from trying again to verify.
What could be the issue, and how might I resolve it?
Thank you

• Like 29
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I am currently having the same issue entering phone number. Has anyone found a solution? Or is there a way to notify the hosts? I, too, have no other number and this issue is keeping me from completing my profile.

In case you’ve used the num pad of your keyboard, try the numbers in the top row instead, that has solved the issue for some people;

if that’s not it, you’ll probably need to open a ticket , and patience, as support response time currently is slow, unless you’re a higher leveled seller, or a buyer, don’t know how it is for new users.

• Like 22
  • Up 1

In case you’ve used the num pad of your keyboard, try the numbers in the top row instead, that has solved the issue for some people;

if that’s not it, you’ll probably need to open a ticket , and patience, as support response time currently is slow, unless you’re a higher leveled seller, or a buyer, don’t know how it is for new users.

Thanks so much for your input, Miiila. I did try both number pad and numbers in top row. Neither worked. Will have to find a way to contact support directly or generate a ticket. Again, I appreciate your feedback. Cheers!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

A long time ago, I have verified my phone number. I don’t remember how I did it. Maybe your country code not entered. for that showing the problem. I am not sure but maybe it is right. If you haven’t noticed then you should notice. All the best!

• Like 22
  • Up 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am having the same problem guys! When attempting to verify my phone number, the +1 was automatically applied to the beginning of the phone number. I am using a computer to enter the info as well. Is there ANYBODY who has found a solution to this problem? I have contacted customer support. **NOTE** In his response, he states that I have been granted additional phone verification attempts to my account so I may try again. When I tried to "verify phone number via SMS/Call" again, the 24 hour lockout screen popped up right away, blocking me from entering any phone number at all. Meaning I do not have any additional phone verification attempts. I just want to start selling. 

Here is their response:

Maroof (Fiverr Customer Support)

May 18, 2022, 12:58 PM GMT+3

Hi Famous Amos Beatz,

My name is Maroof Shaikh, I hope you are doing well.

I understand your account status is important to you, so I'll be more than happy to assist.

We granted additional phone verification attempts to your account so you may try again.

Here are some tips that helped other users who have experienced the same issue:
-Use a PC/Mac to enter the code, and not a mobile browser.
-Make sure your country code and area code are correct.
-Make sure your phone number is accurate.
-Make sure to use the numbers on top of your keyboard instead of a number pad.
-Make sure to wait a few hours before each attempt.

I hope the above is useful to you. Let me know if there are any problems/need additional information.

Kind regards,

Maroof | Customer Support | Fiverr.com

• Like 25

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 2:23 AM, shachihugo said:

Hi! I’m trying to register as a seller, and phone verification is necessary before I can start gigging. However, fiverr isn’t accepting my phone number – it just says “there’s something wrong with this number” but doesn’t specify what.
I’m using a computer (not phone or tab), and have been restricted now for 24 hours from trying again to verify.
What could be the issue, and how might I resolve it?
Thank you

Please help! I am having the same problem and I have tried everything said in this forum 😞

• Like 20
  • Congrats! 1

18 hours ago, izunakoo said:

Please help! I am having the same problem and I have tried everything said in this forum 😞

This is my problem, too! I tried using the number pad (fail) and the numbers at the top of the keyboard (also fail). It also applies the +1 to my number field automatically (I am in the US) and won't take another 1 before my phone number. I get that error message. Now I'm locked out and they say to try "within 24 hours." What does that mean? 2 hours? 23 hours? Gahhh.

If anyone has a fix for this problem, I'd sure like to hear it.

• Like 19
  • Up 1

Upwork is looking better and better! At least on Upwork I could register my account and start marketing my profile and looking through the openings tonight without any difficulty. But here on Fiverr, everything depends upon this phone number; nothing else on my profile is as important. I have two phone numbers, neither works on Fiverr's system, and so now I'm locked out for 24 hours!

My cell phone only works sporadically in this area because of poor signal coverage. But my Google Voice VoIP number apparently will not work on Fiverr either, even though I use it with my Mac Pro to make 98 percent of my calls. I kept getting the error message "there's something wrong with this number" even though I have never once encountered a problem making and receiving calls and text messages through Google Voice during the past four years--until tonight.

I also don't understand why Fiverr gives out so few phone verification attempts and provides no last-ditch workarounds through a call center, given that this problem is keeping new sellers from making money for Fiverr.  I only made four attempts at verification on my cell phone number before I got locked out. It's not like I have an auto-dialer that's calling every few seconds and would pose a serious security risk.

Guess I'll be spending all of my time on Upwork during the next 24 hours.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

hi all! maybe someone knows: how to change the phone code of the country (the phone code has changed in our country), and when verifying the phone, you can only dial the number  of your phone (the code does not change)

• Like 16

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I'm having the same exact issue, I already have my email verified, but whenever I try to place my phone number, for some reason I get the same error message saying that 'there is something wrong with this phone number'. I've tried typing it in again to see if I may have misplaced something but it still gives me the same error message, and I don't know what it is, it's so strange..  

• Like 13

• 2 months later...

I met this problem when I activated my gig and I solved it luckily. I did this: 

(1)If you use a PC and you better use Chrome or Edge.

(2)When you publish your gig, and failed to verify, and receive a note like this: Something wrong with your phone number, please check and try again. You can do this: 

• Click Ctrl+Shift+I,or open your Developer tools of your browser.
  • Click Refresh button, and use 【Empty cache and hard reload】.
  • OR clean your cookies and cache, use Ctrl+Shift+R to do the same.

Did all this above, I made it.

• Like 7

• 5 weeks later...