Very bad service!

So I’m pretty new to Fiverr, but I recently ordered my first logo design from a seller.

He had very positive reviews, but I guess that doesn’t always tell you the whole story.

He designed me an awesome logo, much like I would’ve wanted it.

However, it wasn’t exactly what I wanted, so I asked for a revision.

He replied and told me I had to order his gig again in

order to get the small changes done!

I refused to do this and this resulted in him not answering me in 2 days.

After this, he just cancelled the gig.

On the same day (Thursday) I ordered his gig again with the money I got refunded with,

so maybe he could make me the changes now.

I provided him the information, but he didn’t reply anything, as it included a question.

On Saturday I sent another message (all were friendly messages), but still no reply.

Yesterday, on Monday, he replied with the following message: “cancel” and a request to cancel the order.

I can’t force someone to work with me if it is that hard, so I accepted it.

I’m still very dissapointed of the bad service and communication.

Shouldn’t customer be treated as well as possible?

I also read one the reviews, which stated that he took his logo to Google image search,

and found tons of almost identical images.

I don’t know if it’s true.

Quite a long rant, but in a nutshell:

My experience with this guy was not good.

Its nice that you want to warn others but calling out other users is against TOS and can get you into trouble. I’m sorry things didn’t work out with that seller but calling them out will hurt you more than them. Make a note the experience and seller so you know to avoid them in the future.

Hopefully this experience doesn’t sully your view of other sellers on the site.

Reply to @topaz_muse:

Well I made it anonymous now.

Now it shouldn’t violate the TOS?

Not to be combative, but did his gig say that he offered free revisions? Often a seller will get spooked when a buyer asks for free revisions (when the seller doesn’t offer them) and refuses to pay for the time it takes to make those revisions, so instead of risking negative feedback, for not being willing to do work for free, they just cancel the order.

I’m not saying it’s okay to just up and cancel on someone without communicating, but on this platform, buyers can pretty much demand whatever they want and if you want to get paid you either have to acquiesce or risk the negative review. You might consider talking to the seller again and explaining that you love the logo, but you just wanted a small change, if his gig does say that he will make revisions on completed and delivered work.

emasonwrites said: Not to be combative, but did his gig say that he offered free revisions? Often a seller will get spooked when a buyer asks for free revisions (when the seller doesn't offer them)
This is a confusing aspect of Fiverr. I myself have a "no revisions" statement on my gigs, but there is no way to disable "request modification". Does that mean that to abide by Fiverr ToS a seller has to perform modifications without an additional charge or is simply saying "no" enough?

cladeelintunen said: On the same day (Thursday) I ordered his gig again with the money I got refunded with,
so maybe he could make me the changes now.
I think your mistake was in re-ordering. The seller didn't want to work with you. They asked for more money to make it worth their time and when you refused, they canceled the order.

It doesn't make sense that you would think ordering from them again, they would want to take the job. You were offering them the same money for the same gig that wasn't enough in the first place.

If a seller cancels in the future, move on and find someone who is a better fit for what you want. Good luck.

Reply to @itsyourthing: I don’t think it necessarily means that we all have to provide revisions. I think simply saying “no” is enough. In the TOS, it says that the button can be used if the delivery doesn’t match the description (kind of subjective, I guess, but also kind of means that if you say “No” in your description, that would have to be taken into consideration by the buyer), or if it doesn’t match the instructions given at the beginning of the process (so, I think that’d rule out times when a buyer comes back with more/different instructions after the order is already delivered).

In just my opinion, it doesn’t sound like that button was intended to be used by buyers that just want to make a few tweaks or just didn’t like the product and want a new one. Instead, more for buyers who didn’t get what was advertised or what they asked for in the original instructions.

"However, it wasn’t exactly what I wanted, so I asked for a revision.

He replied and told me I had to order his gig again"

There can be 3 reasons:

1. Seller offer limited number of revisions ( read gig destripcion )
  2. Your revisions was too difficult ( make sure that you didnt ask too much )
  3. Seller make you something awsome but forget to save source files. ( in this case this is seller fault but if logo was difficult to make probably itsnot profitable to make it again )

Solution: contact seller via message .

Reply to @emasonwrites:

emasonwrites said: In just my opinion
Well, it seems we are of a similar opinion, but as you point out, it's subjective. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.