I am tired to try to promote my Gig, update profile settings (error: “Your user profile is incomplete. Please edit it” keep showing).
I’ve posted my first Gig ~3 days ago and still 0 impressions, 0 views.
I am an author on Envato marketplace for more than 4 years and i know that every newbie should have a small chance. How am i supposed to sell my gig ? Should i pay to promote a $4 service, or make use of social media ?
I don’t use Facebook or G+ and i’m not the only one. I created an Youtube channel to promote my gigs and an linkedin account. Also i’ve posted on fiverr forum but without success.
As a web developer i know very well how search function works on several successful marketplaces.
Search function on fiverr is [edited] !
Users just search for something, filter the results and scroll down to find what they looking for.
Those tabs should be displayed on the left as filters. There’s no problem if you display the top sellers in the first results, but please do not isolate new gigs posted by newbies.
Search results shouldn’t be sectioned. Simple as that.
This was the worst experience ever on a website that:
- Charge high fees(authors and buyers);
- Encourages authors to post as many gigs (we all know that if you are beginner and the search function is crap, you will not sell). But more gigs = more content indexed by search engines = happy fiverr;
- doesn’t give a damn about functionality
How all the mess should be fixed ? Rewrite the search function, homepage and choose quality over quantity. Do not allow sellers to post multiple gigs on same category.
- I will optimize your website title
- I will optimize your website keywords
- I will optimize your website description
Post a single gig like:
- I will optimize your website title and meta tags
Fiverr team, do you ever read the posts on this forum or Linkedin group? Do you see that many sellers are disappointed by your services ?