Fiverr Forum

Very Hard to Find U.S. Based Freelancers

I’ve been on Fiver for about a month now and find it very difficult to find freelancers that are based in the United States. Yes i find some, and I’ve hired a couple only to find that they are not in the U.S. based on the way they are discussing the project scope of work.

I’m determine to search out the U.S freelancers, can anyone help with some directions that may help??

Contact Customer Support and tell them that it is important to you.

There is currently no way to even vaguely ensure that you are dealing with sellers from any particular country.

I’m based in the U.S.

Let me know if you are in need of any of my services.

Sincerely,

John

Hi tophat1,

Contact me and let’s discuss your needs.

Best regards

Candy

I think most of freelancers in out of US… Some are using Fake US address …

I don’t usually offer services via the forum; but, I am U.S. based. Check out my gigs to see if they’d fit any of your needs and give me a holler if they do.

I am based in the U.S. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Have a great day!

Jaclyn H

I’m not sure what kind of services you are looking for (it seems to be computer-related based on your profile), and I don’t really like promoting myself on the forum, but I am U.S. based if you ever need a proofreader or someone to do data entry.

I would like to note that, just because someone is based in the U.S., doesn’t mean they are better than someone from another country (unless there’s some reason why you need a U.S. based freelancer, of course). Pay close attention to their reviews and have prior correspondence with them before you order.

I wish you the best of luck in finding the freelancers you need. :slight_smile:

I’m assuming this is about finding skilled writers. Whether the sellers are U.S.-based or not, you can tell a lot about their skills and abilities in their gig descriptions and mail responses. If it’s grammatical ability you’re concerned about, I would try to have a conversation with your chosen seller beforehand. Even if the seller isn’t from the U.S., you might find that his or her skills are suitable for you. On the other hand, you can weed out anyone posing as an American or one who doesn’t cut it as a writer. After all, I’ve come across plenty of U.S.-based “writers” who can’t seem to differentiate between “your” and “you’re.”

What kind of freelancers are you looking for? And when you say freelancers, are you referring to needing a job done that is custom, not just something where you order a $5 gig?

Well, you can’t really tell which ones really are and which ones use a VPN… I guess you just have to talk to them to figure it out. What exactly do you need that requires US freelancers only?

Reply to @digilancer99: Agreed! Native-born, English-speaking Americans might still not solve the OP’s problem if he’s looking for writers.

I’m US based and offer a variety of different gigs. Let me know if I can help!

Reply to @digilancer99: You’re advice is exceptional!

*Joking, of course, I know the difference.

Reply to @mrproofreading: Ahem, I think you mean “advise” and “eggscepshional.”

emasonwrites said: and "eggscepshional."

If only this post appeared on Easter Sunday! Awesome pun opportunity missed.

Reply to @mrproofreading: Damn my poor timing!

Reply to @mrproofreading: Irregardless of weather you need writing or other work done, what do people got to loose by trying foreign sellers out? Having new experiences don’t phase me. In fact, I deem it as one of my principals. Okay, let me just lay down now and take a nap before my exhaustion makes me think I’m remotely funny.

Jokes. Lame jokes.

Heh… eggscepshional.

Reply to @digilancer99:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uPkpGvvU0PM/UVNp6h4zp2I/AAAAAAAALHM/bkNhQYmOgU4/s1600/pointing.gif

I live in the USA, as do a lot of Fiverr sellers. Perhaps you need to look further down in your category listings or check out a different category.